Launcher pro and gmail

jlrockjr

Reaction score
I bought a droid pro in november and love it so far. Switched to launcher pro plus after christmas and it makes the phone even better. Question is with gmail and the dock on LP. I love the feature where it shows the number of unread emails on the gmail icon in the dock. The issue is it only shows the number for my personal gmail and not my school email which runs through gmail as well. Also when I click on the gmail icon in the dock it goes to the last screen I accessed in gmail app. Either the list of my two accounts, my personal gmail, or my school .edu gmail. It would be great if the icon showed the total number of emails for both accounts and when clicked on always ant to the gmail list of accounts. Since I am new to launcher pro I didn't know if I am missing a setting. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
I bought a droid pro in november and love it so far. Switched to launcher pro plus after christmas and it makes the phone even better. Question is with gmail and the dock on LP. I love the feature where it shows the number of unread emails on the gmail icon in the dock. The issue is it only shows the number for my personal gmail and not my school email which runs through gmail as well. Also when I click on the gmail icon in the dock it goes to the last screen I accessed in gmail app. Either the list of my two accounts, my personal gmail, or my school .edu gmail. It would be great if the icon showed the total number of emails for both accounts and when clicked on always ant to the gmail list of accounts. Since I am new to launcher pro I didn't know if I am missing a setting. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
I have my college gmail read by gmail's built in pop3 access. The emails aren't instant but they do come through this way.

Gritwater

Reaction score
I don't keep gmail on my dock, but I have 3. So I added it to see what a possible fix could be.

Seems it keeps track of the last gmail opened. I had my work gmail listed (not my droids main gmail btw)

I switched it over to my personal gmail and closed it... next time I opened it, it was my personal gmail again.

OP
J

jlrockjr

Reaction score
exactly, if i touch the gmail icon in my dock it goes to the email account i opened last (or the accounts list if that was the last thing i had opened when i closed gmail). So if i checked an email from a different account and then closed gmail and then received an email later on a different account, when i click the icon in the dock it goes to the account i opened last. That means i have to click the settings button, then accounts and select the other account. it would be great if the list of accounts just showed up first each time I opened gmail. Its not a huge deal but pretty annoying. More annoying is the fact that my school google mail (not gmail but my school still uses google for all its email) doesn't work w/ the number of new emails in a superscript on the gmail dock icon within launcher pro. I've gone through all the settings and can't come up with anythign that would make it work. Since so many schools use google for the email services I find it strange that that feature would not work.

nebula - I don't have any problem w/ getting my emails and I receive them instantly. I think the issue is w/ functions of either the gmail app or launcher pro or the way launcher pro and the gmail app work together.