I was just wondering....

debrad0307

Reaction score
Why do so many people complain about their battery? Keep a charger handy... It's that simple. I'm on my phone ALL the time and I don't expect my battery to last all day. Every phone is going to be the same if you are on it 24/7.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

striker85

Reaction score
I use my phone daily and with a moderate level of usage. That means, usually about 20 minutes of phone time, surfing a few web pages, some pandora while at the gym, and frequently some navigation (about 20 minutes worth). And on average I get 12 hours of battery life. That is totally acceptable to me as it gets me from out the door in the morning to back home at night with no worries. I use Eclipse 2.2, by the way.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Same here. I usually browse the forums, play games, text, talk, surf the web, get on Facebook, and generally mess around with my phone. I take my phone off the charger at about 6 am and I don't have to charge it till about 7 pm... Sometimes sober depending on how long I was in it. I never complain about my battery. I could probably understand if it was dying and I want doing anything on it but people complain regardless. I'm also running eclipse 2.2 and the v6 supercharged script.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
i switched to the OEM extended battery in the first two weeks and my battery life has been unbelievable ... i get an easy day and a half with medium use or 16/17 hours with heavy use... no complaints with battery life or the size of the phone with the large battery... feels more manly and fits in all the docks better... more snug

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
i switched to the OEM extended battery in the first two weeks and my battery life has been unbelievable ... i get an easy day and a half with medium use or 16/17 hours with heavy use... no complaints with battery life or the size of the phone with the large battery... feels more manly and fits in all the docks better... more snug

I use the extended battery as well. The only thing I've noticed is that when I am running 4g only my battery seems to drain quickly but on wifi it is great. Of course I don't turn off my 4g at home like most do because I'm too lazy to do that and some times I forget to turn it back in when I leave. I really have no reason or need to check into battery saving apps since I always have a charger handy just in case.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
probly another reason why i get such good battery life... i'm ALWAYS on wifi... at home and work... i only turn on the 4G when i wan't that kind of speed

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
probly another reason why i get such good battery life... i'm ALWAYS on wifi... at home and work... i only turn on the 4G when i wan't that kind of speed

What app are you using to turn off your 4g?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Nice points! Just something to complain I'd guess. Been a bit slow and redundant out hear lately

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
i don't use an app... i just go into settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/network mode.... there's an option to leave the phone on CDMA only so it won't waste battery on LTE... then if i feel like i NEED the LTE for something, i switch it on just for that purpose... last time i used it was sitting in the car waiting for the wife watching youtube videos... for me, the 3G speed is fine for most browser functions except streaming video... and it's way easier on the battery

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I get good battery life out of my bionic (15+ hours off a charger, with what seems to me like heavy usage), but I rarely have the chance to see it dip below about 50%.
It's kind of a force of habit from using my old iphone that I just plug it in wherever I am and don't worry about it. I have the car dock, too, which charges it crazy fast while I'm driving anywhere, and if I'm at home I just plug it into my living-room laptop. Plus if I'm out somewhere, it's virtually guaranteed that I'm going to find a micro usb charger somewhere because it's so universal for charging devices.
Went to a friend's house recently for a party and there were microusb cables everywhere! (Just like at my house, go figure!)
When my wife and I got our bionics we just bought four or so extra cables from amazon and plugged them in around the house (both bathrooms, kitchen, next to the couch, next to the bed, etc), so we never have to think twice about just plugging the phone in if it needs a charge.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
i don't use an app... i just go into settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/network mode.... there's an option to leave the phone on CDMA only so it won't waste battery on LTE... then if i feel like i NEED the LTE for something, i switch it on just for that purpose... last time i used it was sitting in the car waiting for the wife watching youtube videos... for me, the 3G speed is fine for most browser functions except streaming video... and it's way easier on the battery

Nice! Thanks for the tip. I may have to try that our one day

jhom

Reaction score
I've stopped monitoring or worrying about my battery life. Typically, I am able to go over 15 - 18 hours before I redock my Bionic for its nightly charge. Usually, I have over 50 - 60% residual charge when it hits the dock. I am a light to moderate user. Over 85% of the time, I switch off 4g with Data Switch because I am in environments that have WiFI. Also, I use the battery saving features of the Bionic. When I know I will be using 4g more, I pack an additional standard battery, just in case. I bought an extended battery and don't use it much because the standard batteries give me more than enough battery life for a typical day (I'll probably sell the extended because it is gathering dust at this point). dancedroid

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the tip. I may have to try that our one day

Try this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wmba.android.toggle4gforrazr&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS53bWJhLmFuZHJvaWQudG9nZ2xlNGdmb3JyYXpyIl0.

I
t's a 4G widget. It's actually just a shortcut to the menu, but it'll save a few seconds. I have it front and center on my homescreen and use it a lot; I get stronger 4G near my boyfriend's place than mine, so I toggle between 4G and CDMA only a lot.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the extended battery and get from 16-20 hours and still have power left. I use Juice Defender, but it may be helping only a little bit. I leave 4G on all the time as I don't have access to wifi.