I want to de-Sense w/o a ROM, which files to delete?

jcardona1

Reaction score
Hey folks,

So after several months I finally got around to unlocking and rooting my Rezound yesterday and flashing the custom recovery. Made a rooted/stock backup, deleted a bunch of bloat and made another backup.

So, let's say I want to completely de-Sense the phone, but without flashing and ROMs or running any scripts. Which files would I have to delete manually? I'm sure this has been covered before but I couldn't find the discussion anywhere. Anybody have a link they could point me to? Thanks!

Insidious

Reaction score
There is a desense tool on xda, which comes with a multitude of options. I reccomend checking that out. It'll save you alot of time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
There is a desense tool on xda, which comes with a multitude of options. I reccomend checking that out. It'll save you alot of time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Is it this one here? [UTIL] DeSense - no frills [2012/04/04] [v2] - xda-developers notice he says to install your ROM of choice first. What happens if I leave it all stock w/o a custom ROM?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
It works from Stock as well. Try to remember that most people (especially on XDA) don't consider life without ROMs. Stock to them is like poison.

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
Thanks! What I like is that he has a listing of all the files deleted, so I could see what is going. That helps too if I want to do this manually and still keep a few things. I kinda like HTC's weather app :)