I WANT T OA PUT A BLANK FLODER ONTO MY HOME SCREEN..(motorola raxr maxx)

AceMan71

Reaction score
Can any one please help me i would like to put a blank folder onto my screen to keep some of my apps on my screen inside this folder. I can seem to figure out how to do this.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I don't know how to create a blank folder, not sure you can. If you want to store multiple apps in one folder, just long press an app on your homes creen, then drag it on top of another app. That will create a folder. You can rename it as needed. Then drag as many apps to that folder as needed.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Redsnk95 is correct. Creating a folder to contain Apps is easy and you can name them as well as choose which App's Icon shows at the top, however I don't know of a way to create an empty folder with the stock launcher. There are 3rd party launchers that you can do all kinds of customization including creating folders which can contain data as well as apps, but that requires giving up the stock launcher.

See this link for information on how to put apps into a folder. Note, the app which you drop another onto is the one whose Icon will be on top. So if you use GMail and Email and YMail, and want all three in a folder on your desktop, but want the Email icon (the most generic) to represent the entire folder, you would drop GMail and YMail onto the Email app Icon.

Android 4.0: How to Create Folders on Homescreen and Launcher Bar | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial