i want a female "droid" sound

quickhonda

Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend both have droids and we both like the official droid notification sound but it gets annoying not knowing whos phone made the noise. Has anyone seen or can anyone make a droid clip that sounds like a female robot for her phone. Thanks..... fingers crossed....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd see if you could find some simple sound editing software and just tweak the existing one :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just record your girlfriend saying 'Droid' in her best female robot voice and use that as the tone...

Fault

Reaction score
Hmm, this is interesting idea... if any1 can send me a file of a hot girl's voice saying droid I can edit it in Fruity Loops

etx_droid

Reaction score
My friend recorded me and used Audacity to make it sound like a robot...he didn't tweak my voice though...sounds awesome I use it for my incoming text message notification.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My friend recorded me and used Audacity to make it sound like a robot...he didn't tweak my voice though...sounds awesome I use it for my incoming text message notification.
Ummmm... sorry but somehow I don't think you're voice is sexy female enough.....lol

etx_droid

Reaction score
Ummmm... sorry but somehow I don't think you're voice is sexy female enough.....lol

hahahaha...I guess my point was Audacity it's free and works GREAT! And how do you know, I may have the sexiest female voice you've ever heard...ok that's just weird...TRY AUDACITY

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 someone dial one of them 1-900 # and and pay 3.99 a minute and just have her say DRRROOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD 10 or 15 times get a good recording and send it to Fault..

audioman42

Reaction score
if someone will provide the "DROOOID" audio file, i'll change the pitch in audacity.

c_mack9

Reaction score
this is a great idea, im in for the mp3 file too if someone makes one.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd probably look into something from GLaDOS from Portal... Not quite the same as the stock notification but I'm sure something would work.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
The DSI has a decent sound modulator with a robot setting. you could record the sound on the DSI. If no one is female it also has a pitch modulator.

I may see if I can get the sound off the DSI (uses SD cards) and convert to MP3. You may then try to layer it in audacity to deepen the sound effect.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/sound.jsp

Last edited: