I think my D2 has spyware..what do I do?

Algae998

Reaction score
Hey all,

Last night I noticed an app on my main home page that I did not install or place there. It was called something like Droid Apps or something along those lines. I looked through my app list and could not find the app that was on my home page, so I grabbed the app and dragged it to the trash bin to delete it.
This morning, I noticed a new app on my home page. This one is called "Top Apps DROID Apps". Just like the one last night, I cannot find it in the app list.

I did not download either of these apps or place them on my home page. Im concerned that if I just delete it, another will pop up. Im most concerned about spyware, bloatware and keyloggers that would put information on my phone in jeopardy.

I have Norton Security app installed and ran an anti-maleware scan which didnt find anything.

Is this something I should be concerned about? How can I remove or delete this thoroughly?
Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Download the app Airpush Detector from the play store and run it. You probably have an app pushing other apps.

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Last night I downloaded 2 other apps from the app store, Jet Car Stunts lite and Gun Shot Sounds. Ive had Jet Car Stunts lite installed before so my suspicion is with Gun Shot Sounds. I have since removed the app. I will check out Airpush Detector and see what it does.

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
I installed AirPush Detector and let it run most of the day. I only have the option to refresh but it says no installed notification ad apps detected.
Ill see if any other apps pop up.