Newbie with Questions

reavesb

Reaction score
I come seeking a reduction in ignorance.

As I said in my "Hey y'all I'm new here": I'm pretty comfortable finding my way around new devices & apps, but once in a while my intuiter plus the help screens plus the manual still leave me scratching my head about how to do something that's gotta be simple. When that happens I'll pop in here and show off my ignorance.

So here I am to show it off and (hopefully) get it reduced a little:

1. Before I swtched (last week) from a BlackBerry Storm, I connected it to my PC and offloaded all my pics and ringtones. How do I (into what folders) get them onto my Droid2?

2. When I receive an email that has a picture embedded in it instream (not attached), how do I select that picture to store it on the Droid2?

3. The browser lets me set a home page, but whenever I go into it it's on the last page I left, and I can't find a place to tell it to return to my specified home page.

Now, can anyone help me reduce my level of ignorance in these matters?

Thanx
Bruce Reaves (aka Attila the Pun)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I come seeking a reduction in ignorance.

As I said in my "Hey y'all I'm new here": I'm pretty comfortable finding my way around new devices & apps, but once in a while my intuiter plus the help screens plus the manual still leave me scratching my head about how to do something that's gotta be simple. When that happens I'll pop in here and show off my ignorance.

So here I am to show it off and (hopefully) get it reduced a little:

1. Before I swtched (last week) from a BlackBerry Storm, I connected it to my PC and offloaded all my pics and ringtones. How do I (into what folders) get them onto my Droid2?

My pictures are on my SD card in a folder named DCIM. My ringtones are on my SD card in a folder named ringtones.

2. When I receive an email that has a picture embedded in it instream (not attached), how do I select that picture to store it on the Droid2?

Long press (press and hold). A window opens with options to save.

3. The browser lets me set a home page, but whenever I go into it it's on the last page I left, and I can't find a place to tell it to return to my specified home page.

Open the browser,tap menu, tap more, tap settings, tap set home page.

Now, can anyone help me reduce my level of ignorance in these matters?

Thanx
Bruce Reaves (aka Attila the Pun)

I have a rooted Droid so my experience may be different. I added how I handle with my Droid in blue above.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike