I rooted my phone and now MMS messaging doesn't work (tried unrooting no luck!)

Frankie15

Reaction score
I really hope someone can help me. I rooted my phone and freezed some apps with Titanium Backup. Later I realized that I could no longer send/receive MMS messages. I also tried unrooting the phone and it STILL doesn't work. Can anyone PLEASE help me out?

pool_shark

Reaction score
Did you freeze the stock SMS app? I've read that doing so breaks mms.

jjbinks82

Reaction score
I really hope someone can help me. I rooted my phone and freezed some apps with Titanium Backup. Later I realized that I could no longer send/receive MMS messages. I also tried unrooting the phone and it STILL doesn't work. Can anyone PLEASE help me out?

I agree 100% with the previous guys, it's something you froze or uninstalled.

I personally use Handcent for my SMS app. Using TB I also froze "Text Messaging 2.3.4". Prior to that I opened the options in my stock messenger and unchecked everything. In that way I don't receive any msgs from the stock messenger.

Good luck with getting your device back up and running.

Sent from my ROOTED GALAXY TAB 10.1 using DroidForums

holjes

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-recover-brick-using-new-file-format-fxz.html

Follow that link and the instructions on how to use the FXZ file. It will flash your phone back to factory settings. You will have to re root after you go back to factory but you will have your mms back.

FXZ is the way to go if something really messed up. Just reset everything and all will be good. Of course you will have to re-setup everything unless you have backups, but if something isn't working, easiest way to move forward if you are not sure what you did, and cannot figure it out.

as the other guys said, good luck! hope it works out for ya

idefiler6

Reaction score
Unfreeze 1 by 1 or all at once. You froze something you shouldn't have. This is the reason there's warnings against doing things you're not sure about.

viking_beef

Reaction score
Makesure that "Email Engine 2.3.4" isnt frozen. when that was I couldnt add an even in calendar or open stock text. just an idea to throw in the hat

crxlvr

Reaction score
if u do plan on flashing, make sure your phone is at 100% battery before doing so, my flash failed because of it and now i cant charge my phone because its stuck on the ap fastboot screen