I pulled a dumb one

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
It wont let me do anything but boot into recovery because i need an sd card but my sd card wont mount. And it doesnt even boot into recovery when i click that too

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
I thought you'd said you could boot normally. My bad. Have you tried putting in another microSD card just to see if it would work that way?

Does booting normally mean i can also access my recovery? Hahaha well in that case no, i can only boot my phone. But unable to access the recovery.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you can get to the home screen then you can "boot normally" if you can boot normally you should try to restore your recovery via ROM Manager (which is what screwed up your recovery image in the first place). If it works, remember, it's flash alternate, flash clockwork, flash alternate, flash clockwork, flash alternate, flash clockwork.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think before the night is over you are going to know a new program.. RSDLite. :)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heres another example of why you shouldn't take the easy way on rooting.
Anyway, Im not goin to jumpin here, you are in capable hands, and these guys will get you fixed.

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
If you can get to the home screen then you can "boot normally" if you can boot normally you should try to restore your recovery via ROM Manager (which is what screwed up your recovery image in the first place). If it works, remember, it's flash alternate, flash clockwork, flash alternate, flash clockwork, flash alternate, flash clockwork.

when i click flash alternate, it says the sd card needs to be mounted to use ROM manager!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Simonkay.. sorry, I was workin on my theme... DO you have a way to put your SD card into the computer without using the phone?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your SD card isn't busted.. it has apps on it and they need to go bye bye. Not just on the root of the card but anywhere on the card... if there is a .apk file, it needs to be removed.

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
Your SD card isn't busted.. it has apps on it and they need to go bye bye. Not just on the root of the card but anywhere on the card... if there is a .apk file, it needs to be removed.

No worries man. Um i dont have anyway of doing so. I may have one from my dare but i need to find it

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Worst case scenario, go buy a media card reader. They run no more than 10 bucks or so. Might come in handly more than once if you run BB... and if other ROMs go this route.
This is a "thinking out loud" question... since the bootloader can see the phone, can you mount the SD card this way? Thru the bootloader? I honestly just don't remember since it's been quite some time since I have needed to call upon the bootloader.