I pulled a dumb one

Simonkay

Reaction score
I saw there was a patch for my bugless beat v0.4 and so i downloaded it through rom manager. After downloading it, I didn't click clear data and cache cause i didn't think it was necessary, and now my sdcard is damaged. It won't let me format it, although i can click it. and i can't connect it to the computer, nothing picks it up. Any suggestions? help? did i just brick my phone? oh lawd

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
oh and the patch was to update it to bugless beast v0.5

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's not a patch, that's a new ROM. You have to wipe everything 1st. The phone isn't bricked. I'd say wipe the phone, install a backup and then head over to the "Bugless" section and follow the instructions for installing BB 0.5.

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
That's not a patch, that's a new ROM. You have to wipe everything 1st. The phone isn't bricked. I'd say wipe the phone, install a backup and then head over to the "Bugless" section and follow the instructions for installing BB 0.5.

but i can't even boot into recovery, nor can i access my sdcard through a usb cable.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
can you get into the bootloader?

What about if you pull the SD card out and see if you can get into recovery or boot the phone.

Last edited:
OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
Idk what the bootloader is.
and i should take out the sdcard and then try to go into the recovery? or just boot it up?

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
k, i can't get into the recovery without the sd card either.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the bootloader is how you rooted the phone... You hold up on the D pad and then hold down the power button. "Up" being up when held horizontally or "to the right" when held vertically.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well that's a start... definately didn't kill your phone so no worries there...

OP
S

Simonkay

Reaction score
yeah i can boot normally, but the sdcard is the issue. it won't let me format it nor will it let me mount it. it says i need to format it but it won't. and it won't mount at the same time, even when i click mount.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
furbearing.. it's been my observance that when installing BB 0.5 and you don't do it correctly, it has some pretty nice consequences.