I preordered my Droid

ToddP0530

Reaction score
Just returned from Best Buy. I pre-ordered my droid. The guy said it was only the sixth one, but they expected heavy traffic on Friday and through the weekend. ... As a side note, I have five lines on my account, only one is eligible for an upgrade now. Anyone think I'll have problems doing an upgrade swap at BB Friday morning? I have visions of headaches over this on Friday.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I hope they don't give you any trouble. I'm worried I'll have trouble myself.. I really didn't want to deal with Best Buy, but MIR automation makes me happy!

Zippster

Reaction score
I hope they don't give you any trouble. I'm worried I'll have trouble myself.. I really didn't want to deal with Best Buy, but MIR automation makes me happy!

No MIR on this, BB does take the $100 off the top, where Verizon is giving debit card so your technically out the $100 but still have it on the debit in hand to use anywhere that accepts credit cards. I'm sure Verizon would prefer you use it right then in store to buy some add ons though and probably the whole reasoning behind it.:icon_ devil:

lauriep

Reaction score
But aren't they mailing the debit cards? My rep said it would take about 30 days to get the rebate.

iDroid

Reaction score
Anyone think I'll have problems doing an upgrade swap at BB Friday morning? I have visions of headaches over this on Friday.

I talked with them about that when I did my pre-order... I'm in the same boat. They confirmed it wouldn't be a problem doing what they call an "alternate upgrade" and they pulled up my Verizon information to confirm that one line on the account was eligible for an upgrade. They said they'd call Wednesday or Thursday to set up an appointment time for my purchase on Friday. Fingers are crossed.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Anyone think I'll have problems doing an upgrade swap at BB Friday morning? I have visions of headaches over this on Friday.

I talked with them about that when I did my pre-order... I'm in the same boat. They confirmed it wouldn't be a problem doing what they call an "alternate upgrade" and they pulled up my Verizon information to confirm that one line on the account was eligible for an upgrade. They said they'd call Wednesday or Thursday to set up an appointment time for my purchase on Friday. Fingers are crossed.

WTH do you need an appointment for? I have to work at noon on Friday. I'm going in at noon so I have time to get my phone early in the morning when they open up. I hope this isn't a mistake dealing with Best Buy! lol

iDroid

Reaction score
WTH do you need an appointment for? I have to work at noon on Friday. I'm going in at noon so I have time to get my phone early in the morning when they open up. I hope this isn't a mistake dealing with Best Buy! lol

I think they were offering that as a matter of convenience. Only a few people work the BB phone area at that particular store, so rather than having to get in line (in case they are slammed) they're setting up times when it is convenient to the customer and at the same time avoiding having a bunch of pre-order buyers showing up at the same time and having to wait. I saw it as a positive thing.

chiianna

Reaction score
I am in the same boat where i am actually renewing on another line then the final one, I just planned on shifting the phone around from home rather then have BB do it. I have to do a 3 way phone shift as my current phone is going to yet another line in the pool (not the one it is getting renewed on). I figure it is best to use the online tool for that and/or VW customer care. (although as I manage our corp phones at work, i am use to switching around phones more then an average person)

OP
ToddP0530

ToddP0530

Reaction score
Fella a BB told me it wouldn't be a problem as they can now do alternate upgrades. I'm not that worried about it. If they screw it up, or screw me at BB, I can walk, get my 50 bucks backs and drive down the road to verizon. ... Hell, I think they ought to offer any Storm (or smartphone owner so RIM doesn't feel picked on) owner the opportunity to move to the droid and pay the two year contract price. ... THat's it, I decree they put me in charge at VZW

daelight

Reaction score
Local VZW rep stated 20 droids in stock, and 2nd shipment on its way. Played w/ the dummy display. Great feel, can't wait for the real thing.

OP
ToddP0530

ToddP0530

Reaction score
I stopped by to ask about a model and they looked at me like I walked off the set of Star Wars. WTF VZW? No model droid on the floor?