I picked up the Turbo...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Now you know I can't do Samsung. LOL

I have the 6+. I left Apple when the Samsung S2 came out. My last iPhone was the i4. It literally feels like I stepped back into time again with the 6+. After all of these years being away from iOS I was truly expecting to be wowed. I was sadly mistaken. I've had to jailbreak to stem off the urge to get rid of the i6 and i don't think the jailbreak is enough to ward that off. The only cool feature that I was amazed by was TouchiD. That's it.

Even my year old Note 3 is a better phone. The Note 4 will blow it away. I would check that phone out first.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If you're going that size, you might as well get the Nexus 6.

on the move..

Too big. The 6 Plus feels surprisingly good in the hand and I can actually reach everything on the screen. The Note 4 is just too wide. Even the G3 is pushing it. I would never be able to grip the N6. And there is still the issue of the camera. Moto just can't get that right.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Reading real life experiences from those of you who obviously know what you're talking about as well as being objective is invaluable.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Note series has one handed mode. My i6 has reachability. One of them works very well and is totally customizable and the other is a joke. Shameful really.

And don't believe the hype about not being able to keep the i6+ in your pocket. My i6 has not assumed the form of a banana and stays in my pocket.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have the 6+. I left Apple when the Samsung S2 came out. My last iPhone was the i4. It literally feels like I stepped back into time again with the 6+. After all of these years being away from iOS I was truly expecting to be wowed. I was sadly mistaken. I've had to jailbreak to stem off the urge to get rid of the i6 and i don't think the jailbreak is enough to ward that off. The only cool feature that I was amazed by was TouchiD. That's it.

Even my year old Note 3 is a better phone. The Note 4 will blow it away. I would check that phone out first.

I have given Samsung two shots. The Galaxy Nexus and the SIII. The reception for me stinks. I can't get a data signal at home and it is just as bad in some buildings.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The i6 has a great cell radios. I had huge wifi issues with it at first, but now it is pretty much ironed out.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The i6 has a great cell radios. I had huge wifi issues with it at first, but now it is pretty much ironed out.

That is one big concern of mine. Reception. Moto and LG have never done me wrong. I have just thinking about a change for a bit to see if I even like it. Not like it is a permanent thing if I don't like it. Not gonna go out and get an apple tattoo or anything. LOL

I really did miss having a Moto phone with a big battery. Reception can't be beat. But as I said after having the G2 for over a year I got spoiled by having a camera that was fast and actually took a great picture. So a good camera has become a priority. I rarely had the need to break out my digital camera unless it was to record video.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Too big. The 6 Plus feels surprisingly good in the hand and I can actually reach everything on the screen. The Note 4 is just too wide. Even the G3 is pushing it. I would never be able to grip the N6. And there is still the issue of the camera. Moto just can't get that right.
?
It's the same size as the nexus 6 except you get a bigger screen. The 6+ is thinner yeah but 6+ and nexus 6 are in the same realm.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
?
It's the same size as the nexus 6 except you get a bigger screen. The 6+ is thinner yeah but 6+ and nexus 6 are in the same realm.
Correction you are right the 6+ is thinner.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Correction you are right the 6+ is thinner.

And the N6 is almost 1/4" wider than the 6+. Not even factoring in a case. Which if you have small hands like me can make a big difference.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When you jailbreak, and you will, I highly recommend installing CCSettings For iOS8 and Activator.

CCSettings will vastly improve your Command Center and Activator will give you an awesome window into the world of gestures on the iPhone. Both of them will save you from abusing your Home Button and your Home Button will thank you.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I know you don't like Samsung but Galaxy Nexus and S3 are no comparison to Note series.. I just feel like wasted space on IPhone 6+.. If you want plain Jane then I guess it will do..

M8 tap'd

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I know you don't like Samsung but Galaxy Nexus and S3 are no comparison to Note series.. I just feel like wasted space on IPhone 6+.. If you want plain Jane then I guess it will do..

M8 tap'd
Imho, the problem with smashing is that their UI is so heavy..they have great hardware.. But alot lot lot of junk I don't use.. But that's me. I don't like a lot of "trim" I'm a barebones, high horsepower kinda guy..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Imho, the problem with smashing is that their UI is so heavy..they have great hardware.. But alot lot lot of junk I don't use.. But that's me. I don't like a lot of "trim" I'm a barebones, high horsepower kinda guy..

You can not use one thing if you like.. My girl doesn't use the spen.. No multi.. She loves the camera and screen... Nova launcher with gestures and she's set... Not one extra... We disabled all the extras..

M8 tap'd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

M8 tap'd
I second that. I swore off Samsung after the galaxy nexus. After that bought a note 2 which by far was a complete 180 from the galaxy nexus. I then bought a nexus 5, giving the nexus a second go, and that was leaps and bounds better. I don't know what the heck happened with the galaxy nexus because separate they are each great devices but together they sucked .