I need serious help.

hydraliskdnb

Reaction score
I feel like there is no turning back to what I just did.
I tried the Droid 2 Bootstrap with the z4root and the fission rom and now my phone went to the original android theme. Is there any possible way I can undo any of this? I unrooted my phone from the z4root but it hasn't gone back to the way it was before. I shouldn't have tried doing this because I am really nervous about what I did.

Please help me.

OP
H

hydraliskdnb

Reaction score
I'll let you know specifically what I did and how I did it.
I installed z4root and ran the fission rom by clearing the cache and backing up everytime.
I also installed the gingerbread theme with the black status bar with the back up too.
I haven't done any thing else except i did do a factory reset after I unrooted.
It hasen't changed so I think that it wrote in the system folder of my phone.
I'm really sorry man all of this is so new to me I just don't like the way my theme looks now.

I'm going to root my phone now and see if I can change the theme back to the original one. Thanks for you help so much.

Last edited:

zero7404

Reaction score
you should research what you are doing before doing it ... that way you know what to expect ....

what you want to do is restore your phone back to stock, then root it using z4root. to do this you need to find RSDLite on the internet, version 4.9, download it, then go here and get the stock SBF for the droid 2 global:

Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

read the first 2 posts in the above link COMPLETELY before you actually flash your phone. it is a really easy, painless process. but if you are not sure about something or impatient you could mess it up. so ask all your questions here after you've read all that, when you're confident, flash your phone.

after you flash it, it will be back to bone stock. you can then install z4root and root your phone. don't install other roms if you won't like the way they look on the phone.

EOK1335

Reaction score
Fission removed Blur and just kept the original android style. If u wanna go back to blur u will need to reflash the phone with verizon rom.

OP
H

hydraliskdnb

Reaction score
Thank you for your help guys,
Zero I have a question. I want my phone to be rooted while I do this right? I haven't started the process yet but I am reading through it carefully and it seems pretty easy to me. My phone is charging now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Zero, I'm not trying to step on your toes here, but what the OP needs is to remove the root and sbf to stock.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Everything you need is in this one link. Make sure you install the drivers, all you need to do is click on them to install. You will lose root but that's the least of your worries right now.

zero7404

Reaction score
Zero, I'm not trying to step on your toes here, but what the OP needs is to remove the root and sbf to stock.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Everything you need is in this one link. Make sure you install the drivers, all you need to do is click on them to install. You will lose root but that's the least of your worries right now.

i just suggested the process he needs to go thru to accomplish this. it's the OEM method. this is what motorola would do to a refurb phone prior to returning it to the market.
doesn't matter what's on the phone, rooted or not, flashing via RSDLite with the correct SBF will get it back to stock.
i have not looked at the link you posted, if it is the same thing, then either will work. but i am concerned about the version callout on this link. the correct version of the SBF would be 2.4.29, prior to the latest verizon update. further, it doesn't matter what bootloader is on the device, so long as he knows the sequence to get to the bootloader menu.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that the link I gave has a newer version of RSD Lite and also the drivers are there too. It will flash the D2 back to the latest update.

But you're right, we are on the same page.

jcl197

Reaction score
If its doing this after SBF pull the battery, turn on but hold the power button and x buttons, at the screen with the android hit the magnifying glass/search key the choose the option that says something like wipe data/factory reset. It should then boot up to how u got it from verizon.

It keeps on showing the droid logo and restarts..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
H

hydraliskdnb

Reaction score
thanks guys my phone is back to normal. If I have any questions about rooting again I'll be sure to not be completely clueless and naive about it.
Thank you all again so much for the help. I can rest easy tonight. dancedroid

zero7404

Reaction score
so, mission accomplished ?
to root it again, get z4root, put it on your sd card, then in applications check Unknown Sources.
then use something like astro to select the file, open app manager and install.

the only way i know of to truely brick this phone would be to smash a brick on it. everything else is completely reversible.

OP
H

hydraliskdnb

Reaction score
thanks zero. :) yup my phone is working great. I'll let you guys know if I am interested in getting the full potential out of this bad boy.

Reaction score
Just for the record, the link Hookbill posted will brick a D2G, which is what the OP has, per his profile.

Also, the D2G requires RSDLite version 4.9, the previous versions which are recommended for the D2 don't support the D2G's hardware.