I Need more Bass

novacane

Reaction score
Why are all your posts centered? It makes them hard to read.

+1 I find myself skipping your posts because my eyes have to re-adjust and take twice as long to read what you're saying.. and you say good stuff too! Too bad

I third the motion. Its annoying on the eyes to have one poster out of format from everybody else when trying to read threads.

+1 more haha cause I saw another post of yours and it really does throw you off, almost looks like an advertisement in the middle of the thread.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I got the monoprice cable and it's fine. I think the fact is the droid outputs a very neutral sound. I have a nice subwoofer setup in my car and trust me there is more than enough bass to go around! I got my phone hooked up to pandora blasting out the tunes this morning.. great!
Now if only I could figure out how to connect the phone to my other car which has a stupid ipod adaptor and no aux in.. any ideas?
I tried connecting the droid to my stereo using usb but it didnt recognise it, I think because it needs a driver in order to work.. bummer but since I really want to use the phone with pandora not too bad anyway.
Now if only someone could get the BBC iplayer working here in the US it would be perfect!

Within my car, I have 2 cables. The cable from mono price makes a cracking noise. But I tried a different aux cable that was a "high quality" cable and it works just fine. hmm go figures. With Bass and all.

I think the one i have is a Scosche, from wallymart. The crackling noise goes away if i turn the volume of the droid down from max, but the overall volume coming out of the speakers is still lower than if i use the normal radio/CD functions. Are you saying that if you turn the droid all the way up on the "high quality" cable, that it sounds fine?

There are a few ways we can try to get your droid to the other car....
1. If the car has a tape player, buy a cheap headphone jack to tape converter. They sell them at malls in the music stores and things. Mostly used to play a cd for cars who only have a tape player.

2. connect the droid to a FM tuner/transmitter. Now, the tuners you find in the store for like 20 bucks or so, they might not work well and may cut in and out. There is like a 100$ tuner thing on the internet somewhere, which gurantees so many feet of good quality transmitting.

3. Buy a new headunit for the car.

I would try the tape adapter first, if the car has a tape player. Otherwise buy a transmitter and see how you like that. Some of them work pretty good while others might barely work at all, suggest at least a $15 one. Any cheaper than that and it probably wont even be worth buying. I got one for 15 bucks at a CVS or Wallgreens store about a year ago, works pretty good for me. You get a better signal if you plug the device's power cord into the car or something, as those act like antennas.

gg7aph

Reaction score
I just returned my Droid as it had a faulty headphone jack - i couldn't have it in my pocket without the audio cutting out or loosing one channel while I walked around. To be fair to Verizon they did it in 5 mins with no questions asked. Before hand I shared the opinion of many on this forum that the Droid audio settings lack bass - I still agree with this and add my voice to the calls for an EQ app - but feel that this replacement, with a solid headphone jack, has better quality sound.

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Buy an impedance adapter with 40-70 ohm resistance. Sometimes portable devices can't handle a low-impedance load at full volume and frequency range, so adding some base resistance on top of the headphones can help the bass. It does for me.

tbever

Reaction score
cmoyBB amplifier

I bought a "headphone amplifier" from this site: JDS Labs to help with the low output levels from the Droid and to boost the bass response. I have not received it yet but I will post my thoughts on this after I get it. It looks goofy but will be hidden in a center console so it will not be visible.

I will have it connected to an Alpine DVA 901 with a high quality amp/speaker/sub setup. I am hoping the audio quality will be better than XM over Pandora so I can ditch the XM subscription. I am not expecting CD quality sound in an way, shape or form.