I need help with my Incredible, badly!

Nikki_K

Reaction score
I really need some help here. I have the HTC Incredible, it is rooted, and I made the fatal mistake of deleting Google Talk, thinking it was non vital. I have downloaded gtalkservice.apk, TalkProvider.apk, and Talk.apk. I can't get any of them the install on the phone. Here is what I am running on it:

Droid version: 2.2
Kernal version: 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16

Please help if you can!

Thanks,
Nikki Killian

wseyller

Reaction score
I don't have the incredible so my information won't help with your current issue. But in the future use titanium backup to freeze apps. This way you can always unfreeze them.

If there is an SBF file of the stock rom you could reflash that. Like I said I don't have the phone so I don't know all the options available to you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nikki_K

Reaction score
Awesome. I will keep that in mind for next time, wseyller.
Hawaiian Princess, thank you!

OP
N

Nikki_K

Reaction score
I still need help. If anyone has a better batch of .apk files for Google Talk than what is on Media Fire, I welcome you to share. Please!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Search Google for...Google talk apk, and there should be something out there for u. Also XDA Developers forum is another place u can check out. Oh and *********** might

wseyller

Reaction score
I took a quick look to see if there were any stock rom images. Looks like some here which you could just reflash with.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=969973

[ROM] HTC Droid Incredible Stock ROMs w/malware patch(NOV OTA) (UPDATED 3/14/11)

You might want to consider this option to start over. I noticed dozens of other customs roms available as well.

Edit: another thread about getting back to stock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=786436

The ultimate "get back to stock" thread.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
N

Nikki_K

Reaction score
Issue fixed itself. Not sure how though. I'm going to install gingerbread bread on it and get rid of Cyanogenmod.