i need Droid Razr battery help

YourKinkyGranny

Reaction score
so i recently bought a new droid razr and when it died on me i went to charge it but when i charge it it only charges to 20% i dont know why can some one plz help me

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I heard from some people that it is not a good idea to let your DROID razor or razor max battery drain all the way down. How long have you had it?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it still has the same problem while the phone is off and you tried to charge it.. I would call Verizon. As long as you don't have any water damage or have dropped it..

The only other thing I can think of to do is a Hard reset. Which simulates a battery pull. Hold the Power button + Volume down button for 10 sec. If this doesn't help def call Verizon.

OP
Y

YourKinkyGranny

Reaction score
Still having battery issues. Do u know when the new big fix update will be released?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The manufacturer's instructions which come in the box with the phone clearly states that you should charge fully BEFORE powering up the phone. The recommended method is to charge with power off for 3 (three) hours. This is critical because charging with power off is the only sure way to achieve a fully saturated 100% charge, and it informs the charging system what the true capacity of the battery is. Without that information the phone's battery levels could be reporting wrong.

Now that you apparently have meeting inaccuracies, I suggest you perform a training to assure the meter is reporting battery levels and capacities as accurately as possible and were can rule out discrepancies as the cause of your phone's problems. If after the meter training the problems still exist then we're going to look at other issues.

At your next opportunity, power off the phone by pressing and holding the per button, and then choosing "Power off". Once fully powered off connect the stock Motorola charger and USB cable, and plug into the wall outlet. Allow the phone to remain in the"charge only" mode for at least 3 hours.

Once completed power up and use the phone as you normally would but pay close attention to the meter as it approaches 15%. Once the level hits 15%, per the phone off again and repeat step one to recharge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Y

YourKinkyGranny

Reaction score
Okay i did this and its still the same when i go to see what is killing the battery it tells me the screen is using 71%

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This looks pretty good... 3 hours and only used 10% on the Razr. You should get 10 or more hours on this charge at that rate which is great for the Razr.

Did you do the battery meter training that FoxKat mentioned. That is very important to do given the problems you mentioned. When it is convenient...

*turn your phone off and charge while off until it gets to 100% (you can check the state of charge by pressing the volume down button).

*use the phone until it gets to the low battery warning (10-15%).

*turn phone off again and charge while off until it gets to 100%.

*use and charge your phone as you normally would.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not sure what you mean by battery cycle but I assume it is the same as battery meter training or battery meter calibration... people tend to use those phrases to refer to the same exact thing which is to do the four steps that I listed above with the astericks *

OP
Y

YourKinkyGranny

Reaction score
Its like you Said turn off ur razr and charge it up all the way and then turn it on normally and use it till the battery hits 10%-15% then turn it off Nd do that again