I need bigger buttons on my on screen keybord

Reaction score
You can root, and increase lcd density, which makes everything bigger not just the keyboard. That's the only way I know of

OP
louvit

louvit

Reaction score
I have the regular keybord that came with it. I cant figure out this rooting stuff at all..lol

microsnook

Reaction score
You can edit the keys on the keyboard and kejar is working on this I believe for his next rom release.

Hopefully something will happen! I want bigger keys as well, but dont know how to do it lol

elvyrorie

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken isn't there a keyboard called thick buttons? It changes the size of the keyboard buttons based on what you are typing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

harv2000

Reaction score
I also recommend Thickbuttons. Thickbuttons uses predictive word completions to determine which buttons to enlarge. With acronyms, names and passwords, the predictive bit is kind of useless, but in general it does a nice job. There are situations where it is less than ideal, but I have only found one app with true incompatibility problems (Copilot V8 USA) and it is easy enough to turn it off and on when I need to use Copilot.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Thumb Keyboard and Swype might be good choices. Swype doesn't require taps for most of the words you'll type and the Thumb keyboard is just weird. :)

[App] Thumb Keyboard v1.5.1 - xda-developers

https://beta.swype.com/

There's an updated and pay-for version of the Thumb Keyboard on the market.

Of course, the standard answer lately seems to be put it in landscape mode, but... I'm guessing you know this already. :D

OP
louvit

louvit

Reaction score
I just installed thick buttons and dont see much of a dirrerence even on xtra large..lol..going to try thumb..thanks peps...dancedroid

Reaction score
Maybe you want to go the DX route if you're going full blown touch screen. Only other recommendation is to root and use root tools to increase your lcd density, but that's gonna make your phone look like a jitterbug ha

Reaction score
Actually no, they came out with an app to install it for all android users across the board rooted and non rooted alike, google gingerbread key board apk, I belive I read it on droid life

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
louvit

louvit

Reaction score
I kind of like the thumb. problem is I cant find my speaker button to talk text