I need assistance in finding a backup app..

StewieJr

Reaction score
I have MyBackup Pro - and it's honestly one, if not, THE best backup app I currently use. But one of my main "blah"s about it is that you can't combine backups - ie, when I restore SMS - it deletes my current SMS.

I'm trying to find an app that doesn't overwrite my SMS/MMS threads when I want to restores - and instead just adds to the threads.

One work around I've found was using another app SMS Backup & Restore - where it saves the SMSs in an xml file - so I can just edit the xml and combine two xml backups.

I'm trying to do the same with my MMS however - and I've yet to find some way to do so.

Heh, that might have been confusing, but if anyone can help out, I'd really appreciate it :)

srothkin

Reaction score
While in the main MyBackup screen, hit the menu button and tap options. There are a bunch of checkboxes under Restore Settings -- one of them is Append SMS. I haven't tried it, but I suspect if you check that and then restore SMS messages that they will be added to what you already have instead of replacing them.