I NEED an e-mail app/client I can change the "sent from" field.... read inside please

jetman

Reaction score
My company uses Lotus Notes as our Corp. E-mail and there is no way to configure or sync it to my Galaxy Nexus. I do have the ability to forward all inbound mail to another address. I currently forward to G-Mail to read my Lotus Notes Inbox but I have no ability to reply to e-mails using my Lotus Notes address. I need an app or e-mail I can install on my phone I can forward e-mail to, and reply from my phone and have it shown as if it was replied to from My lotus Notes address.... I've seen it done on a coworkers Blackberry and there ought to be SOMETHING out there in the Android world that would do this from my phone... ANY ideas???

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I take it your company does not have Lotus Notes Traveler? This is the app IBM created to bring Lotus Notes email to Android. Based on how many others in your company have Android, it could be worth convincing the boss to get.

OP
J

jetman

Reaction score
I take it your company does not have Lotus Notes Traveler? This is the app IBM created to bring Lotus Notes email to Android. Based on how many others in your company have Android, it could be worth convincing the boss to get.

I wish they did use this but the vast majority of them use Crackberrys so I am one of a very small minority and not a priority for them.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I think you might be SOL unless you can figure out what your SMTP server settings are. It would seem like a security risk to be able to wantonly change the "sent from" email, because then you could pose as someone else. I know on the Gmail website you can configure it to send from another account if you're forwarding that account to your Gmail.

Natey2

Reaction score
See www.good.com
It will pick up your mail directly from your Lotus Notes server.
Requires your company email sysadmin to set things up on the server side.

I'd recommend it.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Chavis1789

Reaction score
If you set up multiple accounts on your gmail you can change the sent from field on the gmail app

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums