I need a keyboard.... right? Droid X user here

Reaction score
SO, before I got the X last year, I used texting dumbphones that had keyboards. (ENV and ENV3). When I got the Droid X, I was sure I could adjust. I still to this day find myself totally unable to type on the virtual keyboard. Its amazing what sometimes shows up on the screen sometimes. Also, (I know, I am not suppossed to!!), sending a quick message off while driving is about impossible on the X. I could do it on the texting phones without taking eyes off road.

So, I am thinking I need to go to the Droid 3. Yes, I would love to have LTE, but I don't think its a deal breaker. To me, it seems having the keyboard back would be awesome.

I would have to transfer an upgrade from another device. When I do that, what does that do to the contract on the device I am transgerring the upgrade from?

Thanks

Immolate

Reaction score
SO, before I got the X last year, I used texting dumbphones that had keyboards. (ENV and ENV3). When I got the Droid X, I was sure I could adjust. I still to this day find myself totally unable to type on the virtual keyboard. Its amazing what sometimes shows up on the screen sometimes. Also, (I know, I am not suppossed to!!), sending a quick message off while driving is about impossible on the X. I could do it on the texting phones without taking eyes off road.

So, I am thinking I need to go to the Droid 3. Yes, I would love to have LTE, but I don't think its a deal breaker. To me, it seems having the keyboard back would be awesome.

I would have to transfer an upgrade from another device. When I do that, what does that do to the contract on the device I am transgerring the upgrade from?

Thanks

You're going to love this phone my friend. The keyboard is like crack to a south-side hooker.

Your upgrade eligibility will be unchanged. The phone you transferred the upgrade from will have upgrade eligibility pushed out the two years or 18 months or whatever they use these days.

OP
M
Reaction score

Thanks

You're going to love this phone my friend. The keyboard is like crack to a south-side hooker.

Your upgrade eligibility will be unchanged. The phone you transferred the upgrade from will have upgrade eligibility pushed out the two years or 18 months or whatever they use these days.

More I think about it, upgrading that other line just wouldnt work for various reasons. Looks like I would have to buy the D3 outright, which at $459 isnt that bad, however is a problem. Wondering if I could get $200 for my X with the car dock?

javierislame

Reaction score
I'm sure you could get that on ebay, maybe a few bucks less.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

comk4ver

Reaction score
I know how you feel I miss those T9 keyboards I use to walk around work with my cellphone in my hand under my sweater and text all day. Try doing that on the X epic fail. I get caught all the time now
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums