I need 3g mobile hot spot back

droidster123

Reaction score
I no longer have this app on my phone and its not coming up in the market. Does anyone know where/how i can get this app back?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Ok, I did a little digging up on this app and this is offered through Verizon but comes with a cap and a price. You're better off with a Wifi Tether app.

Try Wireless Tether for Root Users. Free on the market but your phone needs to be rooted and with a custom kernel.

OP
D

droidster123

Reaction score
Thanks for the research, much appreciated. But the reason i want this app back is for updates i believe in order to succesfully update you have to have all stock apps that came with the phone. Also for the 3g patch hack that makes it free

km75

Reaction score
I just re-subscribed to the 3g mobile hotspot two weeks ago. I would suggest that you look at ALL of your apps and see if its there. Not just downloaded apps. I didn't download it on my phone as it was already there.PRE-INSTALLED. And I just checked and I couldn't un-install it even if I wanted to. I'm assuming it should be the same with ur droid. Once you find it and open it it just might tell u to call verizon to implement it tho. Also there is an app on the market called easy-tether pro. It cost a one time purchasing fee of ten dollars. But u can use it w/o having ur phone rooted. My d2 is completely stock. I use the hotspot and tethering jointly because the hotspot is capped at 2gbs on the plan I have.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok if you running a rom you may either look to see what the dev did or use the tbh app to get it. If you running stock just run an sbf to restore the stock setting so you can update... or if you just want the app then use tbh app.

OP
D

droidster123

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on liberty rom. I will look into that tbh, not sure how it works though

duck on quack

Reaction score
If you're trying to receive an OTA update, I've heard of some people (but not everyone) having issues after updating if they rooted or modified their phone. If you're looking for the 2.3.20 update, you can always flash the sbf manually; this would not only apply the system updates but return your phone (and apps, like 3G Hotspot) to stock.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

That topic has download links and instructions (you'd want the full sbf file), but sbf'ing can be quite confusing if you're new to the process. The RSD Lite program is also pretty horrible.

Also note that flashing the older 2.2.20 sbf after doing this will result in a brick.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I'm on liberty rom. I will look into that tbh, not sure how it works though

you are on liberty..then go to the toolbox go to app management, install add ons, and install Mynet.

OP
D

droidster123

Reaction score
Oh awesome thank you!! Did not know they were the same, thanks for the help guys