I miss the OG droid days... But I'm back

OP
D

DrMantisToboggan

Reaction score
And of course who but Chevy would STILL be supporting ROMs for that phone? I'm almost positive it was Chevy who borrowed my D2G a few months or more ago to build a new ROM. He's still out there. I should know more tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
so it's been a week or two now since I received my D2 and although my Turbo is connected to my home Wi-Fi so I occasionally use the apps on it(like tapatalk right now) I'm loving using the D2 as my daily driver for texting/calls/emails. Many people have asked me about it when I'm using the physical keyboard since it stands out. Nobody nowadays has a phone like this. I think it feel very satisfying typing on the physical kb. I'm on rooted stock gingerbread. I'm overclocked at 1350 MHz max 800 min with a low voltage kernel and this thing is nice and zippy with very little lag.

I'm curious if you were correct regarding Chevy having developed a ROM for the D2? After crack flashing every ROM out there on my OG D1, I settled with Chevy's Simply Stunning as my daily driver and I trust his work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
so it's been a week or two now since I received my D2 and although my Turbo is connected to my home Wi-Fi so I occasionally use the apps on it(like tapatalk right now) I'm loving using the D2 as my daily driver for texting/calls/emails. Many people have asked me about it when I'm using the physical keyboard since it stands out. Nobody nowadays has a phone like this. I think it feel very satisfying typing on the physical kb. I'm on rooted stock gingerbread. I'm overclocked at 1350 MHz max 800 min with a low voltage kernel and this thing is nice and zippy with very little lag.

I'm curious if you were correct regarding Chevy having developed a ROM for the D2? After crack flashing every ROM out there on my OG D1, I settled with Chevy's Simply Stunning as my daily driver and I trust his work.

Well I believe I was. I didn't get to reach out to him like I had expected. I've been exceptionally busy and distracted with issues surrounding my house fire and securing semi-permanent accommodations, as well as compiling a proper list of possessions lost in the fire for the insurance claim.

I'll PM him now and let you know when he gets back to me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just sent him a message. We shall see...
And yes it was him who borrowed my D2G for that purpose.

OP
D

DrMantisToboggan

Reaction score
Well I believe I was. I didn't get to reach out to him like I had expected. I've been exceptionally busy and distracted with issues surrounding my house fire and securing semi-permanent accommodations, as well as compiling a proper list of possessions lost in the fire for the insurance claim.

I'll PM him now and let you know when he gets back to me.

Wow, I'm very very sorry to hear about your house. When you file the insurance claim, don't forget to mention the large box of solid gold Huawei and Moto 360 smartwatches. Thanks much, fox.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wow, I'm very very sorry to hear about your house. When you file the insurance claim, don't forget to mention the large box of solid gold Huawei and Moto 360 smartwatches. Thanks much, fox.

Lol, yeah... Funny you say that. I once was doing an inspection in a home's basement and something caught my eye from below a metal shelving unit. When I got closer I come to find its 4 solid gold brick sized ingots lined up side by side on the concrete floor. I was having thoughts of what it would be like to grab them up and disappear. Of course it was only fleeting thoughts but I did snap a picture of them to show my coworkers.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk