I messed up BAD

mtnbst

Reaction score
ok, everything was great running Revolution HD. Im scanning the ROM section of this forum and come across 4.0.3...being addicted to flashing stuff, I follow the instructions and my gnex gets stuck on boot logo. I do a batt pull (because I don't have an integrated batter, haha) goes right back to being stuck on boot logo. Then logically I boot into recovery and run my most recent backup. Success...I'm back to a previous backup...however I had run that backup prior to installing revolutionHD, so I lost it. K SO I flash CWM again (GSM) for some reason cmda won't flash on this phone. Now I need my ROM back, I go to get it and notice that gummy jar is available so I attempt to flash it as well as gapp files. Phone rebootsand I immediatley get the error "unfortunately, Voice Search has stopped" I hit "ok" it reappears every few seconds. I decide to wipe and flash again......yadayada same thing after second wipe and flash,

next i do a wipe/factory reset, reboot still getting same error "unfortunately, Voice Search has stopped" Now I do not have the option to login to google, and I do not have a keyboard. That error appears everytime I select something. Everything is crashing also...if I go to accounts ...my options are "get an account" or "not now" when I select "get an account" it crashes and the "unfortunately, Voice Search has stopped" reappears 3 or 4 times during this process.

Am I hosed???

edit...there is still no keyboard on my nexus, I am unable to enter any text on this phone

sweating.................

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
Can't you just boot into recovery and restore to your stock setup?

I have done that twice....power button+volume up+down....recovery, wipe data/factory reset. Still no keyboard and error "unfortunately, Voice Search has stopped":blink:

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
When I did my wipe....every thing went...unlike on my DX when I had mounted SD those items were always retained. This wipe took everything/...any ideas?

I think he's asking if you did a backup of your stock rom after rooting and can restore to that.

1FZFE

Reaction score
Did you wipe from recovery or from inside the phone? Recovery wipe should not have touched your SD card. If its gone, I would just restore the stock image via fastboot/ADB and reroot.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
You could try flashing another ROM as well.

Can't flash ROM because I am unable to get ROM manager on the phone since I have no ability to enter text. USB doesn't communicate with mac with android transfer, So I can't send CWM apk to phone via computer

1FZFE

Reaction score
Are you able to push things via ADB/fastboot? If not, I'm not sure how you would get the stock image on there to restore either.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
Complete Guide to the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE [Verizon] – Droid Life

This will return it to absolute stock, I would try that if regular resets are not working.

I am very reluctant to try this because I am afraid I may not have the where with all to accomplish this.

in the following step :
Unzip the file and its contents into your SDK/Tools folder (wherever your adb.exe and fastboot.exe files are

I don't have a "tools" folder where my fastboot files are...do I create a "tools" folder and extract contents there?

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
won't connect, is my gnex ruined?

Are you able to push things via ADB/fastboot? If not, I'm not sure how you would get the stock image on there to restore either.

1FZFE

Reaction score
This is if you have the android sdk setup on your computer. You would drop the extracted images into your sdk platform tools folder where these other files are located. If you don't have the sdk, there is a sticky in the galaxy development forum here that contains a zip with the appropriate folder and fastboot files. That tutorial is excellent.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...galaxy-nexus-100-stock-locked-bootloader.html

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
This is if you have the android sdk setup on your computer. You would drop the extracted images into your sdk platform tools folder where these other files are located. If you don't have the sdk, there is a sticky in the galaxy development forum here that contains a zip with the appropriate folder and fastboot files. That tutorial is excellent.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...galaxy-nexus-100-stock-locked-bootloader.html

Please excuse my lack of knowledge with all of this, when I unlocked and rooted I downloaded fastboot adb files and exctracted them to a "root" folder on C/ drive. I really don't know if I have SDK or not

coverton341

Reaction score
In that root folder you made, there should be adb files you can run if you are on linux, windows, or mac.