I love you, Dinc2...

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Day two, and I'm in love. Had S-Off and CM7 within an hour of unboxing. Coming from a Simply Stunning OG Droid (which I thought I was happy with), this phone is ridiculously slick. It's the same feeling I had when I first got the OG Droid after having a Samsung Omnia.

dancedroid

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Day two, and I'm in love. Had S-Off and CM7 within an hour of unboxing. Coming from a Simply Stunning OG Droid (which I thought I was happy with), this phone is ridiculously slick. It's the same feeling I had when I first got the OG Droid after having a Samsung Omnia.

dancedroid

I'm very happy with it as well. There isn't a phone out that I would trade it for....4G, dual core, 4.3" sceen.....you can have them, this thing is great stock but rooted? Badass.

OP
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Reaction score
@Firefighter - you were right ;)

@dixie - agreed. I decided on this phone because the only complaints I heard from reviewers were 4" screen, single core, and no LTE. For me, it's the perfect size, Android isn't yet built for multi-core, and LTE is still a beta tech *cough Thunderbolt cough*

Two years from now, I'll get a 4G quad-core phone. For now, this is the best phone one can lay hands on.

dancedroid

M

Mwsr

My only complaint with this phone is the reception. Not good compared to others.

midweststreetryders.com

OP
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Reaction score
My only complaint with this phone is the reception. Not good compared to others.

midweststreetryders.com

For me, it's equivalent to my OG Droid both at home and at work (an hour apart). I assume you've updated your PRL with *228 option 2.

dancedroid

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have the reception complaint as well. I see about 15-20dbm lower than my Droid X and 20-25dbm less than my OG Droid. I have yet to miss a call or anything, but it can slow down 3g in some areas where I get good reception on the DX. My signal at home goes between about -105 to -88dbm where the OG is almost always -72 to -65dbm.

That and the inability to root (shipped with GB) are my only complaints. It is fast, smooth and battery lasts days. Awesome device.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I should add that it improved by about 3-5dbm by slightly bending out the contact on the phone that meets the battery door antenna. It makes a little bit better contact and improved the signal a little bit. I can improve it by about 15dbm by adding a 3" piece of 30guage stranded insulated wire and running out the little hole in the back, but I don't use a case, so I don't want a wire hanging out.

kramerica

Reaction score
I should add that it improved by about 3-5dbm by slightly bending out the contact on the phone that meets the battery door antenna. It makes a little bit better contact and improved the signal a little bit. I can improve it by about 15dbm by adding a 3" piece of 30guage stranded insulated wire and running out the little hole in the back, but I don't use a case, so I don't want a wire hanging out.

Say Wha?! (yes I left the t off on purpose). :)

ABQNM

Reaction score

Say Wha?! (yes I left the t off on purpose). :)

It was more of a test than something I actually use though.

I explain it in more detail in two posts here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...59-dinc2-tower-service-issue.html#post1678719

kramerica

Reaction score
It was more of a test than something I actually use though.

I explain it in more detail in two posts here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...59-dinc2-tower-service-issue.html#post1678719

Huhm. Interesting. I have the X2 but the gf has the Inc2. I am getting rid of the X2 as the signal strength for me has been worse with this phone than any (except the original Inc) I have ever had. Unless it's the phone, but she has the issue where it looks like there is no signal, but she has some, just very limited (-100 to -104). I have that on my X2 and drop calls where as she does not. I don't get in to the holding my phone certain ways because the manufacturers are different and if I can't make a call from my place with one phone, but can with another, it's an issue to me.

Thanks for taking time to test that and sharing a little feedback. For sure interesting.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Now I want one, thanks alot guys, lol

Got mine for a penny on AmazonWireless (with upgrade, of course). Best penny i've ever spent!

Lucky bastard. I upgraded a week before that deal for 80 bucks but then again I needed to get a smartphone before the plan change. Good to know people are enjoying their incredible 2s.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2