I just want to enable Linux swap on leaked FRG22D (NOT Cyanogen)

interfac9

Reaction score
Hi. I have a D1 running the latest leak of FRG22D. It's rooted, has SPRecovery installed, and is running Chevyno1's 1GHz ULV kernel. I partitioned a 16GB SD card for linux swap and I want to turn it on. I have Googled this to DEATH and EVERYTHING I have found goes back to Cyanogen, which I am not using. Please please PLEASE tell me how to do this. I don't know how, but if you point me in the right direction, ie. what files I need, what commands I need to run (have terminal emulator installed also) I can muddle through it. Thanks in advance for making the pain in my head go away

missingxtension

Reaction score
maybe this will help you

Okay
Its not that dificult to make your own kernel.
Justt follow the evo 4g kernel compile for loop enabling.
Of course you need to modify it accordingly to your kernel.
I don't know where to get the kernel sources for you particular kernel.
As far as building android kernels its the same as linux.
Too bad its not as easy as BSD.
How to Build Your Own HTC Evo 4G Android Kernel! | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!
I've been looking into this, but I can't think of a good reason for a swap, unless your phone is low on ram. Like a hauwei ascent, my phone already has 768mb.
Also I noticed you might be under the impression you might be able to compile from within your phone.
Well as far as I know there are no gnu tools for android.
You're going to need some kind of running linux, maybe a virtual machine within windows.
You can compile within windows, but that in itself is a mistery to me.
Edit. Looking over my config file I see an option for swap (all linux kernels).
But I don't know how to specify mount points.

Last edited:
OP
I

interfac9

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses guys. I got swap going long ago... Moved on to rooting my NookCOLOR and running cyanogenmod7 Nightlies. I'm good to hook! Again, thanks!