I just loop till it stops... WHY???

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I hope and pray that someone can please help me better understand what is going on with a problem that I have been having for a long time.

I have a Droidx that is rooted this time the via a terminal emulator, I was rooted before I upgraded to 2.2 OTA via the EasyRoot process.
I have Bootstrap becuase I have ROManager Premium and was told that in order to use RomManager you have to use Bootstrap.

What I am doing is enabling Bootstrap Recovery and going about my business...
Sometimes I choose to try a ROM in ROmanger sometimes I dont.

OK so I enable Bootstrap and whenever I reboot my device I get stuck at the M screen.
I have to pull the battery for a few minutes.
If I pull it and reinsert it without awaiting I normally get stuck a the M screen again.
Sometimes I go into the recovery screen so I have to pull the battery again.

Now this happens all the time after I reboot even if I don't enable Bootstrap after booting back up properly.

Can anyone tell me why or what is happening and finally how to stop this from occurring.
I want to install a rom but don't want to go through this mad M screen loop again and again.

Thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Can you get into recovery at all?

I'm heading to bed and I'm not all that familiar with the X, but if you can get into recovery you might be able to restore a backup.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Can you get into recovery at all?

I'm heading to bed and I'm not all that familiar with the X, but if you can get into recovery you might be able to restore a backup.

Yes I can boot into recovery.
BUT I have not backup...

I upgraded to 2.2 via OTA not the leaked version.
I then only rooted, did not install a rom or theme.

Thats why I figure I must be missing a step or something wrong?

Thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Which recovery? If stock-only you'll have to do a factory reset and hope it takes, otherwise you'll be SBFing your phone back to stock and re-rooting.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine was stuck at (V) after I got the official 2.2 OTA on my Droid X. I had to pop battery almost every time I shut it down, which was every night.

Mine was just an OTA problem. They sent me a new phone and 2.2 worked this time with no loop.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Okay. What ROM did you want to install? Because you're going to have to pick one and do it manually.

I didn't install any rom or theme.
I just installed RomManager and Bootstrap because I was rooting and I wanted them installed so I would have the option to install a rom whenever I wanted to.

Thats whats so weird.
Its a clean OTA install of 2.2.
Then I rooted, and installed RM and BS.

Thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I said did you WANT to install, not WERE you installing. The problem is you're stuck and to get out you're going to have to do a factory reset, install a ROM, or SBF back to stock.

If you look there might be a stock rooted ROM you could get, possibly without the bloat, and install so you'll be right back where you were.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh, and the factory reset might not work or even be possible in the X's version of Clockwork. I honestly don't know, but I imagine at least the option is there. :)