I hope there is an update that gives us more screens

SDiener72

Reaction score
I love my droid. but three home screens isnt enough.

Apple iPhone has 11

I hope that we get more at some point.

Anyone heard anything?

I heard the hero has 5

OP
S

SDiener72

Reaction score
Now i just found out the eris has 7 home screens.

Why is the powerhouse android phone the droid getting the least amount of home screens. i dont get it.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
Havent heard of anything but Im running out of room. More screens would be good.

OP
S

SDiener72

Reaction score
Yea if we have the best android phone in the world, how come we get skimpy three screens?

anyone know

suzukimethod

Reaction score
Use some folders on the main screen...I plan to, and group applications by general themes (photo editors, social media, news programs, system tools, etc.)

mjs31

Reaction score
I love my droid. but three home screens isnt enough.

Apple iPhone has 11

I hope that we get more at some point.

Anyone heard anything?

I heard the hero has 5

Yeah.. I am now wanting more screens, but folders work as well...to a point

Baconstrip

Reaction score
Download a home replacement, like openhome. I think you can have up to 8 screens?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah home replacements work well, once they are full integrated for the 2.0 moto droid, there shouldn't be much issues, as some come with 8 some with 5, 3... Folders do help for the most part. I think i'd be more then happy with 5... 11 seems like it's just way to many (not a bad thing though). But hell i mean if it has 11 and i don't use them, i don't mind them being there if ever need.

OP
S

SDiener72

Reaction score
where can i get open home.
when i go to market alli see are open home skins. not the actual program

Droider

Reaction score
There's a number of apps that work on previous versions of Android that need to be fixed by the developers before they will work on Android 2.0 which is on our Droids. ChompSMS is one I'm waiting for and I'm guessing OpenHome must be in the same boat.

Poley

Reaction score
I don't get the multiple home screens. Why would one need 8 screens?

smilepak

Reaction score
I think the # of home screens was given as 3 for a reason. They want to gage performance. THe more home screen available and people have stuff on there, the transition between them will begin to lag. I think they will release an update with more home screen, but slowly adding, rather going straight to 11 like Apple iPhone

andjarnic

Reaction score
Not sure if the apple GS has "widgets" on their screens, I only recall icons and my wife's only has little icons that don't do things like updated facebook posts, etc. However, on the android because it does allow real-time updates to the widgets on the screens, I can see where more of them might allow a user to put a lot more interactive widgets on the home screens and bog things down. Just a thought.. not entirely sure on this yet...

hett

Reaction score
Droid has 3 screens as opposed to the Eris and Hero because the Eris and Hero are running custom, modified versions of Android 1.5 aka Cupcake. The Droid is a Google Experience phone which means that the operating system is in a state sort of "as Google intended" which is three screens.

Edit: Also, widgets are the biggest resource hogs of all on Android. Loading all five of a Hero's screens up with widgets makes it pretty laggy. Don't despair.

mchoffa

Reaction score
I think they will release an update with more home screen, but slowly adding, rather going straight to 11 like Apple iPhone

I think apple only allowed 3 screens if I remember right (on my 1st gen iPod touch) and then with 2.0 (and apps) they opened it up