I have finally done it.. I bricked my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
ok... i wanna make sure I am understanding, I was at the bkue screen, whatever that is called, it was in the docking station, my phone its always on, I never shut it off, it is still on. so it did not charge at all while it was in the docking station....

CellZealot

Reaction score
That is correct. If you left it like that all night is is very close to dead at this point.

Pull the battery and put it back in and the plug in the charger directly without the dock.

See if the screen comes up with the picture of the battery and shows the level %.

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
I cant do that because I am not able to get anything at this point but the white triangel with the little android and the blue screen.

CellZealot

Reaction score
That's what I thought but was just checking.

You need to find a friend with another Droid or Droid2 or go to the store and get another battery.

Pull your battery now and leave the phone off.

When it's completely drained it will do nothing at all and be very scary at that point.
All you need is a fresh battery and to follow the instructions from the very patient folks here and you will be fine. :D

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
Scarry at that point?!?!?? :icon_eek: Im already freaking out... ive lost my baby. I just want to get it fixed. I have my droid 1 but no idea where it is rioght now. I need to find it i know. then i can charge the battery and I will be ok... Thanks for the advice :)

CellZealot

Reaction score
D1 to the rescue!! I love it! :D

All will be well soon...flashing with the SBF is not difficult although RSD Lite can be finicky to setup.

This happens to everyone who plays with their phones at some point...you just had it all happen at once...immersion learning technique!

You'll float I'm sure... :D

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
OK you 2... this is not fair.... I am a damsil in distress... and your ... well... AAGHHHH!!!! :icon_ nana::icon_ nana::icon_ laughup:

CellZealot

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't bring sex into this...things can get sticky quickly...

Oh and it's "damsel" which comes from the French "mademoiselle"...sorry! ;)

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
OK I found my D1. I check my battery status and believe it or not the battery status on my D2 is at 95%. So Im going to go a head and do this. The one in the D1 is at 5% because it was sitting there for so long. And no I didnt switch them out... LoL. That is the way they were. So D2's Rule... LoL

CellZealot

Reaction score
Nice! Ok...so I was being a bit of an alarmist...so be it.

Yes go ahead and flash the SBF as per the instructions and you should be back up quicker than...well...a quickie! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.