I have a problem with vibration

delzell

Reaction score
Hi
I have a Droid RAZR from Verizon on the ICS update. There is a problem with the vibrate on my phone. If I am typing, the vibrate of the keys will go on like normal but then will randomly stop, and other instances such as receiving text messages on vibrate mode doesn't notify me because the vibrate won't work, etc.. I searched this already and got nothing. Someone said that shaking the phone after this happens will turn it back on, and it does but only for a short while. Is there any permanent fix or will I have to deal with this?
Also, this happens on stock and I tried custom ROMs and it still does this. Even on the AOKP Jellybean rom. (currently on AOKP ICS "Full-throttle" ROM)

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi
I have a Droid RAZR from Verizon on the ICS update. There is a problem with the vibrate on my phone. If I am typing, the vibrate of the keys will go on like normal but then will randomly stop, and other instances such as receiving text messages on vibrate mode doesn't notify me because the vibrate won't work, etc.. I searched this already and got nothing. Someone said that shaking the phone after this happens will turn it back on, and it does but only for a short while. Is there any permanent fix or will I have to deal with this?
Also, this happens on stock and I tried custom ROMs and it still does this. Even on the AOKP Jellybean rom. (currently on AOKP ICS "Full-throttle" ROM)
Since you're running a custom rom it's hard to say if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. The problem with a lot of ROMs is there is always something that doesn't function exactly/or at all like the stock rom. I'm not saying that is the case with the ROM you're running but it could be the source of your problem...it would not be unusual.

OP
delzell

delzell

Reaction score
Since you're running a custom rom it's hard to say if it is a hardware problem or a software problem. The problem with a lot of ROMs is there is always something that doesn't function exactly/or at all like the stock rom. I'm not saying that is the case with the ROM you're running but it could be the source of your problem...it would not be unusual.
ah ok. though it does this with stock ICS, MIUI, CM10, AOKP JB, and AOKP ICS. So I think it's either ICS and above doesn't function correctly with the RAZR or it's simply a hardware problem

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
ah ok. though it does this with stock ICS, MIUI, CM10, AOKP JB, and AOKP ICS. So I think it's either ICS and above doesn't function correctly with the RAZR or it's simply a hardware problem
ah, I guess the real question is does it do it when running stock...no custom ROM?

OP
delzell

delzell

Reaction score
ah, I guess the real question is does it do it when running stock...no custom ROM?

Yes, it does. I know someone with a Droid RAZR MAXX and it doesnt have this problem, but I read it also had the same problem. So yes, on stock it does this. But I don't think this happened when Droid Razr had Gingerbread.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yes, it does. I know someone with a Droid RAZR MAXX and it doesnt have this problem, but I read it also had the same problem. So yes, on stock it does this. But I don't think this happened when Droid Razr had Gingerbread.
Well, I've never experienced that problem, but then again I don't use vibrate very often for anything except silent mode. Wish I could point you in the direction of a "fix" but I don't know of one.

OP
delzell

delzell

Reaction score
Well, I've never experienced that problem, but then again I don't use vibrate very often for anything except silent mode. Wish I could point you in the direction of a "fix" but I don't know of one.
ok well thanks anyways :) I'm going back to stock now to see if anything somehow happened

ddfuji

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. I'm on the maxx. It started for me randomly. I noticed it one day. Talked to a Verizon rep at the store and hers was doing the same thing. Even on JB its doing it. She said she would replace the phone but I had a cracked screen so she couldn't do anything.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
This came up a couple months ago. Some one said it was the lubrication on the vibrator going bad and once re-lubed that the problems stopped. Of course this means tearing a part the phone to do this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ddfuji

Reaction score
This came up a couple months ago. Some one said it was the lubrication on the vibrator going bad and once re-lubed that the problems stopped. Of course this means tearing a part the phone to do this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well if that's all it is I'm gonna try it. The vibrator is really easy to access if I remember correctly. Right underneath the back cover.

OP
delzell

delzell

Reaction score
ahh thanks you guys. I'm sending it in to get a new one. It must be a hardware error. Ironically I noticed it happening after downloading a third-party keyboard app