I HATE the new gallery!

Bob333

Reaction score
This new gallery has VERY LOW QUALITY when I zoom in on my pictures! The original gallery was of excellent quality and ease of use. Old one please! Can I get the original one back somehow? !?!?!?:mad:

stanrc

Reaction score
All pictures lose quality if you zoom in on them. Also if you are pulling pictures from your picasa account it just pulls down a thumbnail first and then the full size picture if you open it up.

OP
B

Bob333

Reaction score
Poor quality new gallery.

I know the picture degrades by zooming, but when I zoomed in on them with the old version it was FAR CRISPER AND CLEARER that they are now. I'm 100% possitive and 100% disappointed! Is there any way to reinstall the old format??? I sure hope so. Huge difference in clarity and quality. FOR SURE!!!:mad:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I don't notice a difference but that's just me. Like stanrc said, when you zoom in on a picture, the quality degrades a lot. The one exception to this is in the movies where some government agency or high profile police division zooms in on a grainy picture and miraculously it pixelates and gets clearer. :)

OP
B

Bob333

Reaction score
I just want the old version back.

Can I get the old version reinstalled and get rid of this new one? That's all I want and I'll be happy. It truly is grainier and blurrier now. My pictures are VERY IMPORTANT to me.:mad:

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Mine is degraded on quality at first. However in seconds it clears. The one issue I have is any photos just taken do not appear right away.

etx_droid

Reaction score
I love the new gallery and don't have any issues either...sorry you are having a hard time with it!

atl_runner

Reaction score
I don't hate the new gallery, but I can verify that the zoom in on the same pictures is a lot less 'crisp' in the new gallery vs the old. I noticed it right away. It's not a picasa vs on phone storage issue. Some of us probably see a touch more detail than others, or we simply have taken some pictures that highlight the issue better, because there is absolutely a difference.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you ask in the Hacks section someone may have the old apk. Before getting 2.1 I used Multi-Touch Gallery Pro since it had pinch-zoom and the 2.0.1 Gallery did not. You may want to try that. It is a paid app. They also have Multi-Touch Gallery for Droid which is free, but has adds (if that matters to you).

Sweettooth

Reaction score
It doesn't really make much sense that they'd add a new feature and degrade an old one. That being said, if you're pictures are that important, you could easily copy them over to your computer and view them. Who wants to talk picture quality when you're viewing it on a tiny 3.7" screen? Lol

dylanthecat

Reaction score
This is a screen shot zoomed way in on my grand daughter. I think it looks great. Not sure what is causing your issue.

Attachments

• snap20100407_114606.png
    snap20100407_114606.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 232

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay, I am not trying to be rude and I am not trying to offend anyone. With that said............ I personally do not have a problem with the camera or the new gallery BUT if my pictures are that important, I take them with my digital camera and put them on my computer. I do have some important pics on my phone because at the time the event happened I did not have my camera handy but I also realize that the quality will be a little less because the resolution on my phone is not equal to my camera. So I just have a problem with anyone complaining about resolution of pictures taken with a phone (remember they are phones first and all the other stuff is secondary). Yes we have come a long way in technology but bottom line, if you are worried about picture quality, you should probably use a camera for those very special moments and use the phone for others just know that resolution will be lower.

just my opinion and I am sure I am going to get blasted for this.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I think the OP is just talking about the image quality when viewing, not when taking photos. I have a lot of photos on my phone that I took with my DSLR, just cause I like looking at them or showing them to people. I do agree with your comments though.

1dabred

Reaction score
i hate the new gallery also

I don't care about the image quality factor. I hate the new gallery because it has no "all photos" file like the old one did. I hate having to search around the different folders to find the right pic I want now (to use for picsay, etc). Also, now when I find an image on google or somewhere else on the web and I long press the image, I select "save image" like I used to, but now the image doesn't show up in my gallery anywhere. What gives? This sucks! I use my pics for tons of stuff and now its too big of a pain to even try. Please give the option to have the old gallery back!