I guess not many S22 users here!

OP
R

RETG

I like my S22U; but not a happy camper after camping last weekend in MT in snow/frozen rain storms.
fZ1OeZM.gif

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I like my S22U; but not a happy camper after camping last weekend in MT in snow/frozen rain storms.
fZ1OeZM.gif
Wow that was not fun ...bet you got some good pics though

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R

RETG

Not many:
Took a quick shot when parking the trailer, there is a lake over there through the fog and some light snow
8F1leM7.jpg

Next day, after it cleared up
hMTVgNj.jpg

Some shots of the Madison Mountain Range in southern MT; leaving for home. Snow never accumulated in many places but the temps were in the low 30s
WDsTz32.jpg

qobee8F.jpg

Even the dog wants home
eqqYSz7.jpg

All taken with the S22U; never pulled a Nikon out of the case.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Not many:
Took a quick shot when parking the trailer, there is a lake over there through the fog and some light snow
8F1leM7.jpg

Next day, after it cleared up
hMTVgNj.jpg

Some shots of the Madison Mountain Range in southern MT; leaving for home. Snow never accumulated in many places but the temps were in the low 30s
WDsTz32.jpg

qobee8F.jpg

Even the dog wants home
eqqYSz7.jpg

All taken with the S22U; never pulled a Nikon out of the case.

Love pics …and beautiful dog

OP
R

RETG

Tia the Female; I've had since 8 weeks, was born Dec 24, 2011 so she is 10 going on 11. Jackson, the male was a rescue I drove to Reno NV to pick up, back in 2015. Best vets can determine is 9-11.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That's awesome ....they are in good hands ...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I may be a 22 user soon. Trying to decide between a 22+ and a 6 Pro. The thread I just posted has all the details.

@RETG I'm also a fellow camper but I glamp more than camp...LOL. Those are some beautiful dogs too.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think you will do good with the s 22 plus although I recommend the Ultra a little bit bigger but a great phone

OP
R

RETG

I may be a 22 user soon. Trying to decide between a 22+ and a 6 Pro. The thread I just posted has all the details.

@RETG I'm also a fellow camper but I glamp more than camp...LOL. Those are some beautiful dogs too.
I tend to rough it mostly anymore. Strange, older I get the more I want to rough it. Everyone tells me I'm doing it backward. I have a large trailer but lately I have reverted back to an off-road tent trailer so I can get to places others don't go. Besides, I can pull the 3200 pound tent trailer through the mountains around here with my half-ton gas powered PU, the larger trailer requires me to use my 3/4 ton diesel and I just fill that up at over 200 bucks.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I tend to rough it mostly anymore. Strange, older I get the more I want to rough it. Everyone tells me I'm doing it backward. I have a large trailer but lately I have reverted back to an off-road tent trailer so I can get to places others don't go. Besides, I can pull the 3200 pound tent trailer through the mountains around here with my half-ton gas powered PU, the larger trailer requires me to use my 3/4 ton diesel and I just fill that up at over 200 bucks.
I have a Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB. It's 29' long and only 7100lbs loaded. My Ram 1500 easily pulls it. We usually camp within an hour of home so gas isn't that much of a factor but it still costs me about $140 to fill it.

OP
R

RETG

Difference is altitude and grades. If I want to go to WY I can walk there in about five minutes, however, if I want to head that way to visit Jackson or camp in WY I have two basic routes. One is south a few miles then east of the Teton Pass. The other is north approx. two hours via two-lane highways and then through Yellowstone. (And right now, that is totally closed and when not closed, a terrible drive.)

So when I go south and then east, I have the infamous Teton pass. A long 10% grade up to 8400 feet. The grade is murder on trucks with trailers and naturally aspirated engine, since the altitude gain (only about 4K for me) kills HP for naturally aspirated vehicles. (That's where the turbo come in handy.)

Pulling on flat lands or rolling hills close to sea level is way different than pulling up steep grades to high altitudes. And won't even note the fun of traveling down the grade with a large trailer on the rear.

But the view at the top into Jackson WY is fantastic...
tIefR6E.jpg

Besides, nothing is better than camping where you will never see anyone the entire trip after setup. Years ago, San Rafael Swell, UT. Went an entire week and only living things I saw was my dog, a few tarantulas, coyotes, possibly a cougar (but never got a good view); but most importantly, only one human and that was a BLM ranger who stopped by to see if all was well.
qA9EZLc.jpg