I GOT IT !!! I like it alot !!! =)

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....saves me a trip to BB....

I'm assuming you did your upgrade through Verizon... if you don't mind, what did they end up charging?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Not to speak for the OP on their specific situation but typically Verizon charges the 2yr price for the phone plus a $20 "early upgrade" fee.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

StingRay

Reaction score
Thanks Stealth!

Btw...didn't mean to hijack your thread spydergirl.... I look forward to hearing more on how you like your Pro!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I use my corp exchange email on here and haven't had ANY problems with getting messages smoothly and right away. I'm not sure why others are having probs. I'm completely happy with mine so far.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

I would assume that those folks having issues probably have different security policies being enforced by their organization's Exchange environment. Android's mail client doesn't always play nice with certain Exchange setups. Most users that I support have had luck with 3rd party solutions, such as Touchdown. I actually recommend Touchdown in most cases anyways, it is a much nicer mail client than the Android native one. For one thing, it actually supports sub folder push; Android by default only pushes the main inbox.

Is Touchdown just for exchange emails or can it be used for other emails as well? I've been using K9 mail for my other emails and it works well, but I'm curious about the Touchdown app. Never heard of it. Thanks for the input.

I believe Touchdown only works with Exchange. The last time I looked the developers were offering a 30 day free trial.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe Touchdown only works with Exchange. The last time I looked the developers were offering a 30 day free trial.

This is correct, Touchdown is specifically for Exchange. It doesn't support protocols such as POP/IMAPI that other mailservers use, just Activesync (Exchange native) and a couple of Outlook protocols.

livspop

Reaction score
Most national retailers are unable to do 1yr upgrades, either because of their agreements with Verizon or because they simply don't get paid enough on commission to make it worth it.

Most Exclusive Indirect agents can do annual upgrades though some of them may charge more because of the lower commission. Obviously, direct stores can also do the annual upgrade.

Thanks for the info. On a side note, is anyone experiencing low signal when using wifi? I only get 1-2 bars in the same spot I get full signal on my original Droid. The router is in my bedroom about 30' from where I sit on the same floor. It should be full scale. Even in the room with the router it goes from full to 3 bars...hmmmmmm

Yes! I'm having the same issue. Much weaker signal than my Inc but I haven't been dropping coverage or anything. Think it might be a meter issue rather than a signal issue.

eus107709

Reaction score
Compared to the Original Droid, my reception is better regardless of what the WiFi meter says. The bedroom to living room test :)

BubbaRob

Reaction score
Most national retailers are unable to do 1yr upgrades, either because of their agreements with Verizon or because they simply don't get paid enough on commission to make it worth it.

Most Exclusive Indirect agents can do annual upgrades though some of them may charge more because of the lower commission. Obviously, direct stores can also do the annual upgrade.

Thanks for the info. On a side note, is anyone experiencing low signal when using wifi? I only get 1-2 bars in the same spot I get full signal on my original Droid. The router is in my bedroom about 30' from where I sit on the same floor. It should be full scale. Even in the room with the router it goes from full to 3 bars...hmmmmmm

Yes! I'm having the same issue. Much weaker signal than my Inc but I haven't been dropping coverage or anything. Think it might be a meter issue rather than a signal issue.

Thanks for the info on signal quality. It must be a meter thing cause I only had one bar and it was just as fast as usual. I have not disconnected at all either.

Sorry for heading off topic of the OP. I should have started a new topic. :icon_eek:

I paid $179.99 but was able to get the early upgrade fee waived by asking the manager nicely..:)

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Thanks Stealth!

Btw...didn't mean to hijack your thread spydergirl.... I look forward to hearing more on how you like your Pro!

Oh that's ok. I'm famous for thread-jacking myself. :) It's ok because I just want to learn all I can about this little gizmo to get the best use out of it. Hijack away! :)

StingRay

Reaction score

Thanks for the info on signal quality. It must be a meter thing cause I only had one bar and it was just as fast as usual. I have not disconnected at all either.

Sorry for heading off topic of the OP. I should have started a new topic. :icon_eek:

I paid $179.99 but was able to get the early upgrade fee waived by asking the manager nicely..:)

Did you upgrade in store or over the phone? I decided to just go thru Verizon online and had been told that if I do it that way I would get the $100 instantly....went thru the whole purchase process and realized that I was having to pay the full $279 and would be sent the rebate in the form of a $100 "Verizon Debit Card".....???????

anyone else run into this????? :confused::confused:

Somebody doesn't want me to get this phone......:frown:

BubbaRob

Reaction score
I went into the store and had the 279 billed to my account so yes, I will have to fill out and submit the rebate.

Ok heres the kicker, if you pre-ordered your pro before the launch date of Nov. 18, you would not get the instant rebate. Pre-order sales do not included any discounts. This includes web orders. I only know this because I almost pre-ordered and the rep explained it to me.

So the question is, when did u order online, before or after Nov. 18th?

eus107709

Reaction score
I am sorry Rob, but that isn't entirely true. I ordered online at 12:10 am the morning pre-orders started and paid 179 for the phone. They took off 100 instantly. I also know of people who ordered online the next day with similar results. Beyond that I can't verify...

I went into the store and had the 279 billed to my account so yes, I will have to fill out and submit the rebate.

Ok heres the kicker, if you pre-ordered your pro before the launch date of Nov. 18, you would not get the instant rebate. Pre-order sales do not included any discounts. This includes web orders. I only know this because I almost pre-ordered and the rep explained it to me.

BubbaRob

Reaction score
I am sorry Rob, but that isn't entirely true. I ordered online at 12:10 am the morning pre-orders started and paid 179 for the phone. They took off 100 instantly. I also know of people who ordered online the next day with similar results. Beyond that I can't verify...

I'm not surprised that I was given the wrong information. I tried to pre-order two days after pre-ordering started and while going through the motions online at the end of the process a note was on the screen that said no discounts would be applied to this order and it would have been $279. That is what prompted my phone call to the CS rep and that's when I was told the above information. I was also told that the phone would not ship until the 18th if I pre-ordered, which I thought was odd...oh well...live and learn I guess

I was just going with what I was told. I wish I could have been in your shoes and gotten that price. :biggrin:

Last edited:

eus107709

Reaction score
Rob,

At least you are still getting the rebate. If it is any consolation, my order wasn't processed properly (ppl who ordered really early) and i had to go through two customer service departments to resolve it. I think the worst part is hearing people gush about their new phone even though they ordered days after me, haha.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Rob,

At least you are still getting the rebate. If it is any consolation, my order wasn't processed properly (ppl who ordered really early) and i had to go through two customer service departments to resolve it. I think the worst part is hearing people gush about their new phone even though they ordered days after me, haha.

I've been reading about this problem a lot. It's strange to see people who ordered the phone a week before me still have yet to receive it. And I ordered last Friday over the phone and I got it on Monday, when I wasn't expecting to get it until the 18th. Hopefully you'll get yours soon.

Almost have mine for a week and I do love it so far.

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
The rebate does come from Verizon but it is a regular VISA card that you can spend anywhere just like a credit card. That's how mine came and it worked fine anywhere I spent it.