I found a way to install Google Wallet(along with other blocked apps) from the market

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
New Google Wallet apk? - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki - Page 3

Download the app Market Enabler from the link above
Install it, and on the 2nd tab "Settings List" Long press "[us] T-mobile"
Select "fake this provider now"
Go clear the app data and cache
Head into the play store, search Google Wallet(or any app that verizon blocks) and it should show up.

Don't forget to change the provider back to verizon after you're finished.

*Note*
I did not create this, i saw this over at rootzwiki and decided to share this. I'm not taking any credit

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Not everyone is able to do so. I wasn't able to and i just wanted to share this just in case there are still people out there who can't get it

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Guess I'm not getting all the hype for Google Wallet or whatever NFC payout app that is available. If you can't use it with ANY debit card, they're just software full of "meh" to me...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's still a fairly new system here in the states, so of course there won't be that many places/companies utilizing it yet. It IS very popular in Europe & Asia, so it's only a matter of time before it really catches on here.

**tap'n**

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's still a fairly new system here in the states, so of course there won't be that many places/companies utilizing it yet. It IS very popular in Europe & Asia, so it's only a matter of time before it really catches on here.

**tap'n**

Isn't it basically the same thing as those Mobil Speedpass things you've been able to get at Mobil gas stations for the past few years?

immortal_ben

Reaction score
The main problem with Google Wallet is that you are not able to use it with any card you wish, as noted above.

Another problem is that other companies are developing their own software akin to Wallet, and none of these systems are being written to play well with others. Hopefully the industry will realize that they will need to standardize this in order for us to get any widespread use of the technology.

azules9780

Reaction score
Now why would they do that when there is so much more money to be made from proprietary crap?!?!?

steveil

Reaction score
New Google Wallet apk? - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki - Page 3

Download the app Market Enabler from the link above
Install it, and on the 2nd tab "Settings List" Long press "[us] T-mobile"
Select "fake this provider now"
Go clear the app data and cache
Head into the play store, search Google Wallet(or any app that verizon blocks) and it should show up.

Don't forget to change the provider back to verizon after you're finished.

*Note*
I did not create this, i saw this over at rootzwiki and decided to share this. I'm not taking any credit

App is asking for root access so I assume you must be rooted to use this method?

zero7404

Reaction score
this worked like a charm ...
but i was a bit confused when setting the provider back to verizon, because the only option is for a 'temporary fake' ... so am i permanently back on verizon as the provider when i select this ?
i was using the blue google wallet (v5), now with the update i can see all my cards and choose them to pay.

is there any disadvantage to using the google prepaid card ? i loaded it with some money from 2 other cards, but one of the credit cards charged me a separate $ 1 charge in addition to the amount i added. not sure what that's all about if google doesn't charge anything to use their service.

azules9780

Reaction score
Well so far I have added cash to my Google card and added my personal debit cards to Google wallet but I've been unsuccessful in using them. Granted, I've only tried at one place but no luck on different days and the employees say they other people have used it with no problem. Any ideas?