I feel Stupid when it comes to Android

OP
whiddles

whiddles

Reaction score
Another thing when i do a search for themes to use with home++ it shows ROMs. I want to know of a place I can go just for unrooted themes

OK, now I need to ask a question I alluded to in my first post-when you say "theme", what exactly does that mean to you?

To some, this simply means altering the HMI aspects of the GUI by providing different navigation methods and interaction options. Launchers and homescreen replacements can achieve that. As I've mentioned, I use Sweeterhome, as this provides the most dramatic customization of the GUI and navigation elements.

To others, it means changing graphical elements, such as icons or adding additional elements, such as special widgets.

Then, finally, there is the ability to completely change system wide elements, such as colors and fonts, and the look and feel of components, such as the dialer interface, and possibly some widgets or notification bar to match the color scheme of the overall system, changing boot animations, etc.

The first two can be achieved without rooting, but the last one cannot.

In order to make system-wide changes like that, you need to have root access because this involves doing some relatively deep modifications to the OS and it's component files.

There are multiple ways to get there-some ROMs have themed versions that you can download and install (Liquid Frozen Yogurt or Lithium Mod are examples of that), while others provide a single ROM, upon which external themes can be applied (Cyanogen is one example of that).

As I mentioned, you can do a lot of customization without rooting, but to get to the really deep stuff, you need to take that step. At the end of the day, it's all about how much customization you want and how far you are willing to go to get it.

Thanks this is what I was refering too. I would like some cool icons and widgets. I think beautiful widgets will give me the widgets im looking for as the clock. Whats a good calender? I love the HTCs

EbE404

Reaction score
To others, it means changing graphical elements, such as icons or adding additional elements, such as special widgets.

Thanks this is what I was refering too. I would like some cool icons and widgets. I think beautiful widgets will give me the widgets im looking for as the clock. Whats a good calender? I love the HTCs

Beautiful Widgets is a great app and it will give you what you want for the clock. For other icons, Folder Organizer and/or something like Better Cut will give you the ability to customize other icons to your liking with images you create or find with icon packs in the market or other sources.

Regarding the calendar, I gave you a couple of options I've heard of in the PM I sent you, but, as I mentioned, I use the calendar on my work phone, not my Droid, so i do not have direct experience with any of these.

Perhaps other will chime in with suggestions, otherwise a market search for calendar widget will yield results for some things for you to check out and try. Remember, with the market, you have a 24 hour refund period, so don't worry about paying for something if you don't like it one you open it up and take it for a test spin.