I didn't believe it until I experienced it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chef

Reaction score
I was at the mall yesterday and saw a Verizon store. I thought I'd go ask about the Bionic since Moto announced its release and Verizon's website put up a promo page.

I was a little hesitant from all the stories I've read about their reps blatantly lying or misleading people. Seemingly just to get a sale or just because they didn't know better. It's not so much I didn't believe the stories more so I just thought I would probably never experience it. I can now say first hand wow... just wow...

Verizon Employee: Hi how can I help you today?

Me: Hi I'm interested in the Bionic. Is there a release date yet?

VE: No the whole projects been scrapped. I'm sorry they canceled that a long time ago.

Me: But on Verizon's webpage there's a link you can view about it and sign up for updates...

VE: No I'm sorry that page is outdated. I'm sorry you were mislead by an outdated webpage.

Me: *trying to be polite and keep tact* But it says this summer is the release date... Moto even had a press release about it... I'm hoping maybe it comes out next month. Could we try looking it up in the system?

VE: It won't be there the phone has been scrapped I'm really sorry but you've been mislead. Are you interested in any of the other phones? When can you get a new phone?

Me: *getting a little irritated but she's being somewhat polite so I continue* I can get a phone in a week. I was wondering about the Samsung Galaxy S2. Is it coming to Verizon?

VE: There's really no way to know that's something that may or may not happen. Tell you what, how about we set you up with a new phone today, a week early, and you can enjoy a new phone.

Me: *at this point I don't really want to keep wasting my time* Thanks for the offer but I don't have the money set aside to buy today. Thanks though.

We exchange goodbuys and she gives me a card with her name telling me to come back to her when I have the money. While she was polite there was still this feeling of she didn't give a crap about what I said or wanted. Even when I nicely called her out on the Bionic she just kept pushing her **** pretty much ending the conversation.

Here's my thing. If you work for a company you should know a little about what's going on or at the very least know what you're talking about when you talk. To sit there and just push blatant bull**** like that is unprofessional and it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about. Do you really think I'm going to buy a phone from you?

Ok getting a little long /end rant

bbrain

Reaction score
All phone companies suck. It's just trying to find the one that sucks the least.

DoctorV

Reaction score
You probably don't want to buy a car from a dealership or go to any store with employees that work off commission. You'll be shocked and disappointed as well.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... I'd take the business card she gave you and call/e-mail her with a link to Moto's announcement for a September release for the Bionic... and then politely tell her she might want to take a re-training course :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a grain of truth to what she said if you believe this post... a small grain mind you, and an extremely outdated grain at that, but still a grain... ;)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
by the sounds of it... she took u for a fool.... moto isn't gonna develop for a year to scrap.... its just taking way longer then expected... why didn't they just say "were gonna release when the iphone does"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
There are many reps who don't know anything, which is why you "shop" for the right rep. It's pretty easy really, you have to ask the right questions, and look for the dude who probably hacks his own phones (or has knowledge of it). Alot of Droid enthusiasts get jobs at wireless companies, it's normal. But the companies also hire douchebags who just want to sell and go home with a check.

I found the right guy (usually a dude, girls don't know much, no offense) to help me when the time is right to upgrade. I asked him about "rootability" of the Thunderbolt/Charge, which one was better, you need to ask the deeper tech questions, otherwise you're gonna feel like a computer shopper at Best Buy, the rep ain't gonna know the difference between products.

He also gave me his card, so that gives me inside contact, and then I can make appointments, ask questions, etc.

If all this seems too much, just follow the tech blogs, they're more reliable anyways, if you call/email VZW directly (main office), those guys are a bit smarter, and they aren't salesmen.

Good Luck, I'm a Bionic Believer as well! I just hope it ain't as anti-climactic as the Rapture....

derek33

Reaction score
I used to be a rep at Verizon an no offense to store workers but most of them don't know a lot. Especially ones at indirect stores an yea asking the tech questions is one great way to find those reps. But most of the time I call in due to they have it infront of them an in data tech you can get the straight story from them. I was a customer service rep data an voice tech an supervisor an honestly best way to find out is creditable forums or data tech or disconnect. The reason with disconnect is they will do whatever they can to keep you if you have been there longer than a month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mjones73

Reaction score
You should have asked her why the CEO just stated a week ago it will be out in Sept... :)

Reaction score
Sounds like she just wanted you to buy something now rather than waiting

You have just been post pwned

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
She was just trying to impress you....that's all.....impress you with her incompetence ;)

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
It's no more complicated than you are in the store TODAY, and my boss and my paycheck would like me to sell you something TODAY. Don't ask me about tomorrow, much less a month from now. I won't be here if I don't sell you something TODAY

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Ha! She was employing one of the oldest sales tricks in the book.

When you told her what phone you wanted, she knew she wasn't going to make a sale on that one because it's not even out yet.

So she had nothing to lose in trying to get you to buy something else. If you did, great, she came out ahead! If you didn't buy it, well, what did she lose? You weren't going to buy anything anyways.

Hehe! The irony is, she was probably hoping too that you'd either hurry up and crap (buy something) or get off the pot (GTFO of her store already).

:)

Engineer_900

Reaction score
Probably the reason why VZW does not release any information to the sales team and probably the reason why alot of the rumors about these phones get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.