At The Dentist Office

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My hygientist at the dentist office is pretty cool to me. She always cranks up the nitrous and makes sure I'm well taken care of.

During my last visit I was showing my Dentist my Blackberry Storm 2. She remembered that and said, "Oh look at this phone I got." Guess what, she has a Droid. She say's "I'm not sure if I like it." I pull out my Droid and say let me show you why you should like it.

I told her that mine was a little more customized then her (didn't want to get in to Rom's and stuff) but I was certain she didn't know how powerful it was. I had her hit the search button and told her to say, "Navigate to Giant Eagle, Tanglewood." She was amazed when the navigation popped up and tol her to turn right. Then I showed her the math trick. She wanted to know how I got the time and weather on my screen so I told her about Beautiful Widgets.

I'm pretty sure she's going to love her Droid now. I told her about the forum and how she should drop by and find out what the Droid can really do.

I think most Droid owners are probably like her. They have this great phone but have no idea of it's potential and what it can actually do.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I think most Droid owners are probably like her. They have this great phone but have no idea of it's potential and what it can actually do.

Totally agree. There's a guy I work with who's wife bought him a Droid for his birthday. He was complaining about the functionality, until I showed him all the cool and practical things the phone could do. Now he's hooked and wants his brother to give up his "dumbphone" and get a Droid too. I showed him this forum and he said he would visit it often.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My hygientist at the dentist office is pretty cool to me. She always cranks up the nitrous and makes sure I'm well taken care of.

During my last visit I was showing my Dentist my Blackberry Storm 2. She remembered that and said, "Oh look at this phone I got." Guess what, she has a Droid. She say's "I'm not sure if I like it." I pull out my Droid and say let me show you why you should like it.

I told her that mine was a little more customized then her (didn't want to get in to Rom's and stuff) but I was certain she didn't know how powerful it was. I had her hit the search button and told her to say, "Navigate to Giant Eagle, Tanglewood." She was amazed when the navigation popped up and tol her to turn right. Then I showed her the math trick. She wanted to know how I got the time and weather on my screen so I told her about Beautiful Widgets.

I'm pretty sure she's going to love her Droid now. I told her about the forum and how she should drop by and find out what the Droid can really do.

THe droid is a cool phone but unless you are familiar with the android os. I know coming from apple I was frustrated until i stumbled on some forums and learned how to use it. Every day I notice the same questions from new users and that they are unable to get a vzw rep to really help them. Forums like this needs to be plastered on the droid google page so new users don't give up before having the opportunity to truly learn about the device.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]THe droid is a cool phone but unless you are familiar with the android os. I know coming from apple I was frustrated until i stumbled on some forums and learned how to use it. Every day I notice the same questions from new users and that they are unable to get a vzw rep to really help them. Forums like this needs to be plastered on the droid google page so new users don't give up before having the opportunity to truly learn about the device.[/QUOTE]

Yes making the transition from iPhone to Android is different. I almost purchased the Eris because of their UI. It took me a week or so to get comfortable with my Droid and I'm very very happy with my Droid.

Mike

ShowTime

Reaction score
This forum has really been a gift and a curse in this regard. Had I not found it, I would have my Droid and be incredibly pleased with it (as I was for the first few days before I found this place) but also probably a little annoyed with a few certain things I couldn't figure out how to make it do. I'd also not have half the excellent apps I have or have it set up nearly perfectly to my liking, as I do now. Basically, my phone would be easily getting the job done but not operating at anywhere near it's true potential. The curse being, without the board, I never would have even thought about not accepting an update, I wouldn't have all these arguments with myself about rooting, O/Cing, etc, there would be less talk of different ROMs and themes and widgets and shortcuts running through my mind, and I would probably get more accomplished with my days. I would say it would be incredibly easy for someone to buy the phone and never tap in to even half the things it can do and end up being only moderately satisfied, to possibly even not satisfied at all with it.

korp

Reaction score

Nitrous? How much dental work you get done? lol sounds like you go often ... maybe just for the drugs.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now we know why Hooky has issues, he's addicted to nitrous!

Listen my friend, you have to stop it... in addition to making you sound much shorter thatn you actually are, it will lower your credibility if we heard you in general. :icon_ devil:

Since we already lost a thread on one showing her your droid and she showing you something else .... I'll leave that out.

Seriously though, it amazes me that people will buy something they have no clue about. I spent at least two visits to a VZ store when looking at both a S2 and the Droid, the Droid won because I played with both and could see what fun it is.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nitrous? How much dental work you get done? lol sounds like you go often ... maybe just for the drugs.

Ha Ha....Hey look. When you go to a salon they offer you a glass of wine, you know. Well, they offer me the nitrous so I take it.

Give me a break, I don't drink or do any other drugs. And it's only once every 4 months. No hangover either!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Ha Ha....Hey look. When you go to a salon they offer you a glass of wine, you know. Well, they offer me the nitrous so I take it.

Give me a break, I don't drink or do any other drugs. And it's only once every 4 months. No hangover either!

:icon_eek: Salon, why are we going to salons......do you mean barber shop. And my barber cuts my hair and that is it. Where are you going that offers you a glass of wine...is it a salon or one of them illegal massage parlors. :icon_ devil:

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

:icon_eek: Salon, why are we going to salons......do you mean barber shop. And my barber cuts my hair and that is it. Where are you going that offers you a glass of wine...is it a salon or one of them illegal massage parlors. :icon_ devil:

I use to go to a place to get my hair cut years ago that offered a glass of wine while you were getting your hair cut. Now I haven't seen this in a number of year but I assumed that there were still places like that.

I'm cheap these days, I just go to Great Cuts, no wine, no b.s., just a hair cut. Barber shop? Do they still exist?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well i think "great cuts" is code for "illegal massage parlor" :rofl3: hay hooky did you tell her when she joins she has to give mods/admins/NEWS ppl/ unlimited nitrous?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I use to go to a place to get my hair cut years ago that offered a glass of wine while you were getting your hair cut. Now I haven't seen this in a number of year but I assumed that there were still places like that.

I'm cheap these days, I just go to Great Cuts, no wine, no b.s., just a hair cut. Barber shop? Do they still exist?

the reason you havent seen one of them in a couple of years was the feds probably raided the place for what was going on in the back rooms. :icon_eek: