I did it, I wore out my D2

icicle

Reaction score
I guess I use my phone too much, and I wore out the touch screen. The right side of my screen doesn't respond to any touch, the search button doesn't work and it only took me 341 days. also my screen would have phantom touches and go crazy on me. So I called up the warranty department, and to find out I was still under factory warranty so I been upgraded to the D3.

stmomma

Reaction score
Upgrade?? To D3?? I can only hope. I have only had my D2G since last spring and today, my screen starts going all wacky. Accessing random stuff, twitching like its having a seizure and I can't get the settings "button" to activate at all so not sure how to do a factory reset without getting in there. Thought about rooting, but if it's a hardware issue, unrooting to return it could be a challenge. So now I sit, almost phoneless, until tomorrow. One of the busiest shopping days of the year and I have to go to the Verizon store and wait... UGH:icon_evil:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Both of these are typical symptoms of using an aftermarket charger.

PhillJ

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with my D2, but I am rooted. I can still use my phone at times before it goes nuts. My issue is that I need to remove root to send my phone back.

How might I do that? I'm running Liberty 2.?.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk