i can't wait till google nav is out of beta

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i just got vz nav for my wife who is a blackberry and although it's not free it is really good.
i think when google nav is out of beta it'll blow vz nav away but right now it doesn't.

google nav is good and i use it a lot but there are problems that i hope get fixecd fast like

1. ability to repeat a voice command

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just got vz nav for my wife who is a blackberry and although it's not free it is really good.
i think when google nav is out of beta it'll blow vz nav away but right now it doesn't.

google nav is good and i use it a lot but there are problems that i hope get fixecd fast like

Whoops, you forgot #2. lol. With Google sometimes things stay in beta for a real long time. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

No, it's not perfect but it's pretty darn good. :)

R1Lover

Reaction score
google nav blows away everything I have seen and used.

What issues do you have? if you want to repeat a voice command, then hit the voice button again.

But keep in mind all voice programs are only going to work as good as you can speak clearly and even then they will have troubles with background noise etc.

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
google nav blows away everything I have seen and used.

What issues do you have? if you want to repeat a voice command, then hit the voice button again.
\

when i say voice command i don't mean my search

I mean the lady that speaks the turn by turn.
My only issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way to get her to repeat a voice prompt.

kennyg23

Reaction score
I think google maps will be in beta form for a looooooong time. Its like playstation home which is constantly updating due to user feedback and add ons. They don't want to call it a final release until everyone is satisfied with it so until then it will stay in beta form.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Answered in your other thread.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You wont see any difference when it is no longer beta ... They'll continue to make changes and improve it while all of us use it, and then suprise! One day an update will no longer say beta on it ...