I Cant stand how facebook messes up my contacts...

Coupe

Reaction score
I dont care if you want to use a kitty cat for your facebook image, but I already had your photo in my phone so when you call I can see who it is (Because the crappy phone uses a micro font that cannot be read at a glance or even changed).

Anyway, how can I STOP facebook from changing my contacts pictures? I have messed with that "Link" feature and tried it a few ways and every Godamed day it changes it back to whatever random image the Facebook user has in mind for me on any given day!

I deleted FB from my phone until now and was hoping that ICS allowed me to deal with that issue but I guess not..I either need to FIX this issue or FB goes back in the trash,I already hate how intrusive it is and how it has permissions that you guys should really be upset about, but I guess thats a rant for another thread.

Facebook should not even have permissions to do this, but WTF its just Android right, I guess I need to consider Blackberry soon if I want real control over my personal property and the privacy I expect from it.

Sorry for the rant, but honestly it is beyond the pale of failure how this is even an option.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Remove facebook from your account settings.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Open contacts, hit the "Phonebook" drop down at the top, and untick Facebook... They should not show up anymore, you can also go into Accounts and Sync for Facebook and untick syncing of contacts, although some of that information might be stuck in the phone now, you may need to factory default to clear out some of that stuff.

OP
Coupe

Coupe

Reaction score
Open contacts, hit the "Phonebook" drop down at the top, and untick Facebook... They should not show up anymore, you can also go into Accounts and Sync for Facebook and untick syncing of contacts, although some of that information might be stuck in the phone now, you may need to factory default to clear out some of that stuff.

Thanks.
I'll give that a go. When I installed fb I deliberately avoided sync, then I went into some settings and unchecked fb sync again, and it still kept resetting things. I did not think about the place you pointed out so I'll be glad if it works.