I can't play videos on internet sites

amy335

Reaction score
Nothing happens when I try to watch videos from websites. The video screen usually just remains black. I don't have any problem w/ YouTube, my videos, or videos sent via texting. I only have the stock video player. I am taking online classes & it is essential that I have access to videos away from my laptop. Any help would be so very much appreciated.
I am sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, but I have searched and haven't had any luck.
I have a Droid RAZR Maxx.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
You need adobe flash to watch videos on the internet but starting with android 4.0(ice cream sandwich) android no longer natively supports flash because the internet is making the switch to html5.
You can still download the flashplayer app but it isn't going to work on all websites.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Some have reported that it works better in the stock browser than in chrome, but still need the flash download

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Chrome doesn't support flash at all

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You'll want to download a different browser.. dolphin might work, as long as you're still on ics.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I use puffin browser for flash videos and so far it hasn't failed but I also have flash installed. I believe it is specifically designed to be able to watch flash video.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I use puffin browser for flash videos and so far it hasn't failed but I also have flash installed. I believe it is specifically designed to be able to watch flash video.

Thanks, ill download this on my note 2 if big decides to give them to us :D

OP
amy335

amy335

Reaction score
So, I'm still a little (a lot) confused. I will install a new browser not sure which (opinions?!!), but do I still need to then install a flash player? I'm clueless as to what to choose...HD Video Player, Smart SWF, SWF Flash File Viewer. I do have MX Player installed...should I uninstall that when I figure out which of the other ones to install. Is there a flash player option I'm missing? Oh God do I ever need advice!! Ugh.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
amy335 said:
So, I'm still a little (a lot) confused. I will install a new browser not sure which (opinions?!!), but do I still need to then install a flash player? I'm clueless as to what to choose...HD Video Player, Smart SWF, SWF Flash File Viewer. I do have MX Player installed...should I uninstall that when I figure out which of the other ones to install. Is there a flash player option I'm missing? Oh God do I ever need advice!! Ugh.

Try puffin browser... I don't think you need to install Adobe flash with that browser. If you do need flash player, Adobe flash player 11 is what works but is no longer supported.

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
amy335 said:
How many web browsers can I have??? °_°

I cannot get stock browser to play any videos of any kind embedded into a Web page. It simply locks the browser up. That said, sometimes chrome will allow YouTube to play.

There is not any solution to this I have found using ICS on a stock RAZR Maxx.

I hope you find it and let me know too!

Flash.... Forget about it all together.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You can have as many browsers as you want. I once had chrome, dolphin, puffin, and boat while I tried 'em all out to see which worked best. I now have only chrome and puffin. Chrome works for most everything I need but when I want true full websites or to watch a video on a website, I use puffin.

gakbdroid

Reaction score
I had the same problem after the ICS update, couldn't catch up with a TV series on my CW app. I found this link, loaded the old Flash version and it worked for me!
Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

I cannot get stock browser to play any videos of any kind embedded into a Web page. It simply locks the browser up. That said, sometimes chrome will allow YouTube to play.

There is not any solution to this I have found using ICS on a stock RAZR Maxx.

I hope you find it and let me know too!

Flash.... Forget about it all together.

gakbdroid

Reaction score
Flash and ICS

I had the same problem after the ICS update, couldn't catch up with a TV series on my CW app. I found this link, loaded the old Flash version and it worked for me!
Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

The link <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4675670> has a video that shows you how to install the older Flash version. I have a Droid Bionic and it worked for me so I'm not sure about your RAZR maxx. All I can suggest is try it and see.