How come I can receive videos via text but cannot send?

shajoe44

Reaction score
I have version 4.1.2 I have people that send me videos via text but I am unable to send any videos back. I record them in the lowest resolution possible and it will not even send a 15 second video and I am receiving 2 and 3 min videos. Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks

wcjeep

Reaction score
What is the size of video you are trying to send? Not length of video, the real size? Have you considered emailing or upload to cloud account then send the link? This would greatly enhance the video quality.

metalhead

Reaction score
I ran into the same thing. The problem with video taken by the Maxx is the file size is too large. My wife's iPhone automatically compresses video when attaching to a text but the Maxx doesn't. I searched for an app that would compress video size and found VideoKit. It's a little confusing to use at first and just takes a bit to learn how the app works. And it does work! I can take a 1080 quality video and and drastically compress it down then attach to text or email. There are 2 catches though. First is the file size limit of texting. I use GoSms Pro and the limit is 1.2M. Stock texting app may be less. Don't know since I haven't used the stock app since about day 2 of getting my phone! Second catch is video length. The longer it is the larger it is even after compressing. For texting I usually limit the length to around 30 seconds. VideoKit takes some time to compress the video so it isn't easy like the way IPhones are but it has a distinct advantage. VideoKit lets you choose how much compression to apply to the video. The shorter the video, the less compression is needed and the compressed quality is improved. I can choose a far better quality compression than an iPhone if I want to. VideoKit works for email also.

OP
S

shajoe44

Reaction score
1.1mb

What is the size of video you are trying to send? Not length of video, the real size? Have you considered emailing or upload to cloud account then send the link? This would greatly enhance the video quality.

skipbl92

Reaction score
What I found the easiest way to send videos via text is to start a new text and click on the paper clip and select new video. You can then record a video and it will be properly formatted. Otherwise use DropBox and send a link via text for them to view or download.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
What I found the easiest way to send videos via text is to start a new text and click on the paper clip and select new video. You can then record a video and it will be properly formatted. Otherwise use DropBox and send a link via text for them to view or download.

I agree on all counts.

metalhead

Reaction score
What I found the easiest way to send videos via text is to start a new text and click on the paper clip and select new video. You can then record a video and it will be properly formatted.

Thanks for the tip! I had never tried that.