i cant find my ringtones

swimmingcedes

Reaction score
I'm a droid newbe. I downloaded a ringtone from vzw and they sent me the ringtone in a text and when I save it it says saved to sd card. I used astro to find it but can't. Any help anyone please?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I can say is, did you search EVERY single folder on your sdcard?

Benfield

Reaction score
Ok how do I even get to look at what is on my SD card. I can't find it anywhere on my phone. If I download something I assume that is where it goes but I can't find it. Not in my music?

johnsocs

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my Droid as well but it's located in every audio folder on my SD Card I just can't find it on my phone once I put the SD Card back in. I've had an issue copying to SD Card from MMS ever since I got my Droid.

johnsocs

Reaction score
depends on what messaging app u use. each one is different. handcent you just long press the attachment and select to sd card. however the last attachment i saved did not save correctly, in the o/s messaging app just long press on the message itself and a pop up will appear and click save as ringtone. hope this helps.

chris

th9203

Reaction score
Another option:

Download and install a file manager such as Astro from the Market.
Open it to your ./sdcard folder.
Use the search function to find the file.
Should take all of five minutes or less.

Good luck. :icon_ banana:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well if you're rooted then you could use Root Explorer and look in system/media/audio/ringtones... they show up as .ogg files.... but I just either create my own custom ringtones using my music or just set particular full songs as the ringtones...

Droids

Reaction score
Yes, use Astro and navigate to the Downloads folder, that's where most everything ends up. No market app is going to download into the system folder, whether you're rooted or not as that folder is off limits.

Once you have Astro installed, use it to create a folder structure on the root of the sc card, like this

\Media
..\Audio
....\Alarms
....\Notifications
....\Ringtones

Storing your audio files in this way will make them easily accessible to the operating system.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, use Astro and navigate to the Downloads folder, that's where most everything ends up. No market app is going to download into the system folder, whether you're rooted or not as that folder is off limits.

Once you have Astro installed, use it to create a folder structure on the root of the sc card, like this

\Media
..\Audio
....\Alarms
....\Notifications
....\Ringtones

Storing your audio files in this way will make them easily accessible to the operating system.
And it'd show up as ringtones when you edit your contacts?

Oh BTW... if you're rooted, then look in /system/app ..............what's in there??

Last edited: