I cant control my music through bluetooth devices. help please.

cbuchanan87

Reaction score
I have a Sony MEX bt3700u stereo headset in my vehicle and a pair of Motorola Rokr S305 headphones. Both were paired with my blackberry and worked flawlessly. I just paired them with my Droid and I hear the music and can take phone calls, but I can't control the music by using the back/forward/play/pause buttons on the stereo or on the headphones.

If it was one device, I would think it to be that device. But since both devices worked fine with my BB Curve, and I am having the same issues with both BT devices, I am inclined to think it is a setting in the Droid somewhere. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I have the MEX bt3800u and my back & forward controls work fine with my D1. I also have the moto s9hd headset and everything works fine on those also. not sure what the problem could be.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

cbuchanan87

Reaction score
i have read of other people having the same stereo and the same headphones and they work fine with the D1. This makes me think it s a setting in the phone. I contacted Verizon but they were no help. Any tech gurus out there who can help?

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
i have read of other people having the same stereo and the same headphones and they work fine with the D1. This makes me think it s a setting in the phone. I contacted Verizon but they were no help. Any tech gurus out there who can help?
I know this obvious but have you checked to see if it's pairing as a stereo headset instead of just a regular ear piece?

OP
C

cbuchanan87

Reaction score
how do i check that? and how do i change it?

Thanks for your help.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
menu/settings / wireless & networks / Bluetooth settings, scroll down to Bluetooth devices and look at the xplod to see if it has the stereo headset icon next to it & do the same for the other device. if it doesn't open tap on it to see if you can change it.