I Came Back

thelion

Reaction score
So, I was an early adopter of the Droid. I left Droid in January after some spectacularly bad customer service from VZW. I then made the mistake of going to AT&T and using the iPhone. Needless to say, I missed Droid. So, when AT&T and Apple declined to honor my warranty issue on the iPhone, I broke contract and returned to VZW. Offered the choice of the Incredible (backordered) X (not yet released) or Moto Droid - I chose to go back to Droid.

And WOW! You guys are leaps and bounds beyond where we were in January! Anyone want to help me catch up? Any customization threads I should peruse? Favorite apps? How the eff does Astro File work again (or is there a better app?)
Any new solutions for the voice quality and reception issues?

Missed you guys, glad to be back.

ETA: It really threw me for a loop to have all my old apps back! Not bad, Google, not bad. The salesman was pretty confused, though. I had to explain I used to have a Droid :)

eliassami5

Reaction score
yup yup i remember you.

2.2 has been out for a while, custom themes have been made for it and its pretty solid
yes ASTRO is still one of the best file mangers in the market

OP
thelion

thelion

Reaction score
Is 2.2 "officially" out or does it require me to root? And yes, I know I COULD search but...I'm not gonna :)

iPirate

Reaction score
you need to root, source for 2.2 was released to phone makers so maybe 2-3 months droid should have it dancedroid

lvmydroid

Reaction score
According to some vzw sources ( and view of their update sheet ) they are looking at end of July to push to Droid and end of August for X ( but wouldn't hold my breath. Things happen )dancedroid

OP
thelion

thelion

Reaction score
According to some vzw sources ( and view of their update sheet ) they are looking at end of July to push to Droid and end of August for X ( but wouldn't hold my breath. Things happen )dancedroid

Bwahahahah. Oh man. I remember all the talk about the first push and how everyone was SO SURE it was going to happen on one day and then...nothing. I wont be holding my breath for end of July :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
EStrongs File Explorer....connect to your computer via wifi network or bluetooth...No more USB cable!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Root, then to Froyo 2.2 Rom (ChevyNo1 SimplyStunning v4.2 is a wonderful one), ...... Bluetooth voice dialing, flash on your browser, WiFi laptop tethering, and more.... why you waitin'??...lol

OP
thelion

thelion

Reaction score
I didn't look at rooting before and...I looked it up a bit last night. I am savvy but that ish seems complicated. Anyone have a good guide? I'd love to give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen? I am sure Droid would make a LOVELY paper weight.

That said, should I eff it up - are there viable solutions other than "paperweight?"

nateccnn

Reaction score
I keep rsdlite__ and a 2.1 and a 2.0.1 SBf file on my computer just incase I 'eff' it up. So far...I have not seen a single 'eff'-up that could not be recovered from. I thought I hit a brick wall the other day when my SDCard was not mounting. Nope..there is always e Backdoor to get things done.

Nate