I c4n haz GB SBF? Yes I cans.

strelock

Reaction score
ALL rooting/roming/Modding/SBFing is ALWAYS DAYOR(Do At Your Own Risk). I have seen people screw up their phones so bad, that they needed replacing.

For example, I once found a thread that said to root your phone, to open the phone, remove screws, and start pulling chips out of the board..... :banghead:

Um, duh? I already had root! I'm upset not that I took the sbf to 2.3.4, but that we were not informed that there was no possibility of root afterward. There was no possibility of "it might work" or "it worked for some people", it's just not possible at this point to get root on this firmware. I feel sort of tricked, I know that wasn't the posters fault or even intention, but it still sucks. I didn't want to have to use my upgrade credit yet because my DROID 2 works just fine, but I want tethering. So, I'm getting an unlockable from the factory HTC. Screw motorola. Hell. maybe I'll even go Windows Phone, at least they push security updates out instead of letting there users fend for themselves in a world of viruses both online and in the Market.

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Um, duh? I already had root! I'm upset not that I took the sbf to 2.3.4, but that we were not informed that there was no possibility of root afterward. There was no possibility of "it might work" or "it worked for some people", it's just not possible at this point to get root on this firmware. I feel sort of tricked, I know that wasn't the posters fault or even intention, but it still sucks. I didn't want to have to use my upgrade credit yet because my DROID 2 works just fine, but I want tethering. So, I'm getting an unlockable from the factory HTC. Screw motorola. Hell. maybe I'll even go Windows Phone, at least they push security updates out instead of letting there users fend for themselves in a world of viruses both online and in the Market.

I here ya. Droid 2 can still tether. Download app called pdanet. When you try to use wireless, it says do you want to download foxfi. Hit yes. Foxfi works beautifully.

Sent from my DROID2 OTA updated .621, non-rooted 2.3.4 :( R.I.P. root access.