I c4n haz GB SBF? Yes I cans.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Update: Just now actually got around to flashing this, and it works perfectly! Thanks again, my phone is working great.

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
OP
MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The original link is the D2 version, which is what you said you have. No, you cannot use the R2D2 SBF on the D2 or vice versa. Someone else posted the R2 version after the original by request. Just use the link on the very first post. Also, DO NOT take the Verizon over the air update or you will be screwed as far as rooting and romming.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

Last edited:

lafont28

Reaction score
So im guessing no one has heard of anyways to root the d2/r2d2 after the new OTA? I had to get a replacement because the speaker went completely dead on my old r2 and the one i am on now is. 622 and nothing has worked so far

strelock

Reaction score

Does this do anything for me if I already have the 621 update? Thanks.

OP
MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, the newest D2 link is the one to use if you have bricked your phone on the .621 update.

strelock

Reaction score
Yes, the newest D2 link is the one to use if you have bricked your phone on the .621 update.

So this only helps get the phone working again, correct? I am on 621 but not bricked I have not tried to sbf back down. Is it still impossible to go back to 2.3.3 or root 621? On a side note, I'm kinda pissed I'm even in this situation. I was rooted and working just fine on 2.2 and I came across a post on XDA forums with a link to 2.3.4 sbf but no warning whatsoever that I could not root or downgrade after doing it. If the post or thread contained a simple warning I would not be in this situation. :mad:

OP
MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, still impossible to go back or to get root if you didn't previously use RootKeeper.

synctek

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether or not anyone is trying to find a way to root the D2?

AcridGosling

Reaction score
On a side note, I'm kinda pissed I'm even in this situation. I was rooted and working just fine on 2.2 and I came across a post on XDA forums with a link to 2.3.4 sbf but no warning whatsoever that I could not root or downgrade after doing it. If the post or thread contained a simple warning I would not be in this situation. :mad:

ALL rooting/roming/Modding/SBFing is ALWAYS DAYOR(Do At Your Own Risk). I have seen people screw up their phones so bad, that they needed replacing.

For example, I once found a thread that said to root your phone, to open the phone, remove screws, and start pulling chips out of the board..... :banghead:

lafont28

Reaction score
Still no luck with that beast yet?

Sent from my *bootedASS* D3