I attempted to update past Manufacturer release and Failed...Miserably

iateapietod

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I attempted to update the Android version of my Galaxy Tab 2 gt-p3113 to 4.3 with the goal of making it compatible with a smartwatch I hope to buy soon. Due to a misreading, I installed a custom ROM thinking it would do the trick (it was just basic Odin), then uninstalled it for stock firmware to check and make sure it couldn't update manually. Then I went on google and found the Sonic Open Kang Project, and tried to give it a shot. I installed a custom recovery and followed the steps ( Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 with SOKP Android 4.4.4 KitKat Custom Firmware - Tutorial Guide ) as best as I could. A problem occurred while installing Gapps, it booted, failed to optimize apps, and then failed in set up wizard. The stock recovery retook control over the custom one (I used CWM) so I can't install unsigned zip files from the microSD card. So first and most importantly: Can this be fixed? Secondly, I would still like to install a custom ROM with a higher version of Android, so is that possible as well?