I am stuck with 2.1 OTA, no root

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite82

Reaction score
Ok, I did the manual update to 2.1 as soon as it was released here on the forum. I need root temporarily to install some files. But in order for me to gain root, I need to downgrade to 2.01 (apparently).

However, the procedure to downgrade to 2.01 (sbf recovery) does not work with Linux due to the Windows tools! So I just needed some confirmation that there is INDEED nothing I can do until someone roots the stock 2.1.

Thanks,

Brandon

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I did the manual update to 2.1 as soon as it was released here on the forum. I need root temporarily to install some files. But in order for me to gain root, I need to downgrade to 2.01 (apparently).

However, the procedure to downgrade to 2.01 (sbf recovery) does not work with Linux due to the Windows tools! So I just needed some confirmation that there is INDEED nothing I can do until someone roots the stock 2.1.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hey Brandon,

Yep, you're stuck until someone roots 2.1. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But 2.1 is pretty nice, maybe not as nice as rooted. Sooner or later someone will probably root it.

If you want to discuss further you may co so in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr.../34224-whats-2-1-findings-tips-tricks-12.html

This thread is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.