I am so new to the Droid

ClassyLadyInNC

Reaction score
Hi,

We just got our Droid last night. My BF and I both got one and we are trying to understand all of what this amazing gadget can and will do. We both are great lovers of electronics so its only natural to want a phone like this one. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. It is so different from my little LG that I had pryor to this one. :motdroidhoriz:

One of the things I am having trouble with is my notifications. Seems that you have to go and look for your messages, voice mails, and or any other notifications. If someone would be so kind as to post how to set these with the alerts you want or need I would appreciate it. I also would love to know how to set ringtones for each person...I am sure that's possible since I could do that on my LG.

Hope everyone has a great day. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

ClassyLadyInNC

big.daddy

Reaction score
your best bet is to browse the general discussion and faq forums here.

Oh, Welcome:welcome:

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, each app has its own settings. press the menu button to check for a settings option in any app that you run or install. you will be able to change notifcation options for calendar, email, gmail and messaging by doing this.

for other help topics, check my sig:

atlharry

Reaction score
Hi,

I also would love to know how to set ringtones for each person...I am sure that's possible since I could do that on my LG.

ClassyLadyInNC

I guess they got to the other questions. For contact specific ringtones, just view the contact (do not edit) and hit the menu button and select 'Options'. You can set the ringtone there. Have fun with your new toy... um... phone.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Welcome, just keep playing around you will get use to how it works. Watch that battery though ;)