I am new to all this

D

dvdcatalyst

I use VoltaicHD to convert my HD videos to MOV format that is acceptable for iMovies, but it takes a while and usually do it at night so I do not have to work on my Mac. Since I have an older (non-Intel) Mac I'd probably need The Elgato Turbo.264?
I'm not sure if the Turbo would work with non-intel.
If it does, it would basically take over the conversions, and leave your mac fully capable of doing your normal work while the conversion is running.

lDemon

Reaction score
Im using Videora which profile should i use to conver the video in this program???????? PLEASE HELP!!!!

D

dvdcatalyst

Im using Videora which profile should i use to conver the video in this program???????? PLEASE HELP!!!!

For most video conversion tools, including Videora and Handbrake, if they have an iPhone/iPod Touch profile, that is the one that should work.
If the application lets you, adjust the screensize to 848x480 (or 854x480) and make sure the video quality is set to at least 700kbps. The maximum quality setting for the Droid is about 1500Kbps, however, some conversion tools use this value loosly, which can result in a bitrate that exceeds the capability of the Droid, resulting in playback issues (stutter) or unplayable files.

However, before you start changing any settings, make sure a video file using the default iPhone/iPod Touch setting first to see if it actually works. If that does not work, making any changes to the screensize or video quality will not make it work any better.

In general, the files you create for the Droid should play properly on your computer using Quicktime, so before you transfer the files, always try playing them on your computer first to make sure they actually work. If they play fine on your computer, and have issues on the Droid, most likely the quality settings are too high.
If the file does not play on your computer, it's very likely that the file will also not play on the Droid.